Alcohol Vs MJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
Hola Guys : - )
None of us are angels in this world and i certainly are not of one of them, my query is this, as an addict of alcohol in times long past, i have found a cure, yes its MJ, i rare drink alcohol to the degree i used to, but still do it, MJ has saved my life from terminating earlier than desired, i simply wonder if im alone on this issue or as me, a simple plant has given a new lease of life.

Marijuana didnt help me with drinking really. Mainly because i still like to drink, im just not getting smashed every night. Marijuana did help quit doing some other bad drugs though. Cheaper, non addictive, no crashing.

Hola Rocker : - )
I understand fully what your saying
I went to the point of feeling my own liver saying ffs this will kill you
MJ is a gods gift and rules in place ignore it because of fear
I guess some of us have addictive personalities

I feel blessed that I don't have an addictive personality. I can stop anything at any time and never feel any kind of withdrawls or even want to do the drug.

It keeps me somewhat grounded as well. Without it I want to drink like a fish. So yes MJ has improved my quality of life. I have anxiety problems and was on Xanax for 8 months, without MJ withdrawls would have been hell. So yes, to me MJ has many benefits.

cannabis is the only thing that keeps me distracted enough from doing other bad things :S

Mutt I know what you are taking about I used to take Klonopin for anxiety, and i would rather smoke that take those pills.

CHRONIC_COVERED_HASH said:
Mutt I know what you are taking about I used to take Klonopin for anxiety, and i would rather smoke that take those pills.

That crap was like taking tic-tacs while my heart was comng outa my chest. Tell ya what, if they took it off the schedule 1 list Dr's might find out that MJ has many many more benefits than chemo, HIV, wasting, and other illnesses. I actullay read an article where it may possibly help Bi-polar and other forms of depression/anxiety.

We'll never know until its taken off the schedule 1 list.

Your right about that Mutt, marijuana does help bi-polar and anxiety. But what it actually is i think,from what i remember reading, smoking pot wont help, the chemical THCV is what helps. And doctors have experimented extracting it and putting it in a pill form mixed with other meds/chemicals. It also helps with depression and phobias.

after about a week of taking them I had to start taking more, to get the same effect. I used to let the disikve under my tongue.

CHRONIC_COVERED_HASH said:
after about a week of taking them I had to start taking more, to get the same effect. I used to let the disikve under my tongue.

I used to take one xanax and chew it and the other swallow for slow release. Then one day...I just said no more. whenever I felt anxious or something I would just take a couple of hits of indica and be set. Thus why I prefer pure indica strains. ;)

The thing is, while MJ may provide relief of anxiety for some, it does the complete opposite for others. I don't think it will be ever considered as treatment for anxiety.

alcohol = 10000 x worse than MJ

Never heard of anyone dieing of MJ poisoning.

only reason mj isnt legal in the usa, is because "theman" didn't discover
or control it.

TheStickyIcky said:
The thing is, while MJ may provide relief of anxiety for some, it does the complete opposite for others. I don't think it will be ever considered as treatment for anxiety.

Well they prescribe anti-depressants to all sorts of people and each one may have great results for one person and completely opposite for others. My point was to test it. They may find that MJ has many benefits. Right now the FDA assumes it has no value whatsoever :confused2:

MrPuffAlot said:
alcohol = 10000 x worse than MJ

Never heard of anyone dieing of MJ poisoning.

only reason mj isnt legal in the usa, is because "theman" didn't discover
or control it.

lol, its more to do with the age old hemp war, paper companies were worried for there business when hemp cropped up with all its amazing properties and decided to file for a ban on the hemp/cannabis family for the sake of there 'not as renewable' source of income.. its a shame an age old ridiculous law has become another addition to the scaremongerers arsenal of completely bogus law.. but yeah, the man! fight the system! lol

But yeah the most serious state to be in with marijuana is pulling a whitey (throwing up) and feeling completely fine afterwards lol you can not 'over do' it as you can with alcohol

Interesting Question !!
They say Once a alcoholic always alcoholic and Once a Drug Addict always a Drug Addict!!
Wrong !!
I gave up drinking over 4 years ago and have No desires to EVER Drink again..
I gave up Drugs over 15 years ago and THAT I Have NO Desire to Ever Go back too..
Don't get me wrong here, I USE to like to drink with ALL the Big Fish at the bars..

Marijuana is whole lot better for yea then Alcohol and those Hard Drugs..
Mj It has help me from Life Problems to deal With..

It depends person to person i think. Marijuana can always affect someone differently than it does someone else.

When i quit hard drugs and moved down here to straiten out my life, it was a great thing i had marijuana because without it i would prolly have not made it off the other drugs. Besides being a life saver, marijuana also keeps me chill, makes me see things clearer, makes pain go away, helps me sleep when i need to sleep, clears my mind, and sometimes...it gives you a good funny memory with a smoke buddy :)

I think marijuana is the best plant put on this world. It's natural, no making chemical forms to produce this awesome bud, just a natural plant! thumbs up for marijuana.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

I'm a fan of the ole alcohol... the hard stuff... beer is too $$ and smells bad..
however not being allowed to drive while drinking hampers my spirit towards it.

hey bro welcome to the willie nelson mj club! mj has saved willie, myself and countless others from alchohol. will the world believe it? prolly not. peace

Latest posts

Back