Alkaline?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of soil are you using? looks kinda "Barky".
Also if your in the states..go to wal-mart and in the auquarium section are some PH test strips. Check the water run-off and see. Its hard to "eye-ball" if it too high or too low. I've found cheap soil to be on the more Acidic end of the PH. and a relative PITA to work with.

Thanks for the reply mutt.
I bought the moisture and ph tester thing, with the two prongs. I stuck it in the soil and it was inbetween 7 and 8 hence me thinking it was more on the alkaline side. I am using miracle potting mix and just transplanted them into 8 inch pots which will hopefully help! Any help would be appreciated, I don't want my babies to die!
Thanks

Is it a dial kind or digital. The dial ones are horribly innaccurate.
MG potting soil. how come it looks like there is bark in it. Are you sure you didn't get an outdoor blend or moisture control kind. Those two are not good to grow in. The more expensive finer MG Potting soil has pre-ferts that are sometimes "hot" with ferts. MG is also known to create PH imbalances. YOU ARE NOT ADDING ANY FERTS ARE YOU? Several on here grow fine with the better kind of MG. but the bark in it throws a flag for me as the indoor MG Potting mix has no bark in it.
I would test the run-off that comes out of the pot with test strips to verify your PH tester isn't outa whack. Also test your Tap water. It may be off as well and compounding your problems.

Thanks again mutt,
Nah...No ferts being put in. I am looking at the bag right now and it is miracle grow potting mix, with miracle gro continious release plant food. Maybe i screwed up with the continious release?
I have the dial reader, so i guess that was a waste of 7 bucks.
Is there anything wrong with a couple brown tiny spots and a little yellow...could it be just new growth? The tap water read out to be 6.5...

bigweedo said:
Thanks again mutt,
Nah...No ferts being put in. I am looking at the bag right now and it is miracle grow potting mix...

Oh man.......... No MiracleGrow. No wire miraclegrows. Miracle grow has the wrong release values for the illicit marijuana plant. Most of the problem is in the nitrogen (N) values and when they are released. If you want to grow tomatoes. Use MiricleGrow. If not then use this.

Potting soil____________________60%

Perlite________________________15%

Building Sand__________________10%

Worm Castings_________________10%

Pre Mix_______________________10%

....... and then follow a good organic fert plan.

Flush your plant with blackstrap molassas (1/4 tsp. P/gal.) and clearex (see directions). It needs to have the roots and soil chelated. Flush it again, then switch to good ferts.

CLICK

-

What would be the best soil that i could buy at homedepot or walmart? Lowes?

I went to lowes and I saw there was some supersoil, sta-green, and kellogg. any of those gonna work?

All the products listed above are available at those stores.

You pretty much have to mix it yourself. Use any good, non nuted, potting soil mix.

-

NOPE. The clue is in the name.

16 Qt. Smart Soil Plus Potting Mix with Fertilizer

You want to add your own nutes.

-

Ok, Ill buy some without fertilizer.....what nutrients do i need to add and when???
Thanks a lot!

i found that reading EVERYTHING that "The Brother's Grunt" have posted here to be very good.

they use MG and don't add any thing until flower.

i am doing my first grow and using them as a guide line.

i am into my first week of flower and will post pictures as soon as i get my piece of sh*t camera to work : )

Latest posts

Back