All Dogs go to Heaven

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mean4green

Reaction score
especially dogs like Misha - a yellow lab - my sister's dog. My sister treated the dog like a pampered house pet.

But, when Uncle Greg (dat B Me - da guy with da BIGHEAD) took the dog to babysit for a day or two,
the Leash was tossed and the Yellow Lab ran wild through the woods & streams.
Need I say more?

** on a couple occaisions,my sister got very PO'd at me - said I was trying to kill the dog because it slept for two days after I dropped it off... 😁
:D

i found a video I made years ago - its a bit corny - but I must admit - I loved that dog -and I miss it every time I go fishing or hiking. (4 legged critters > most 2 legged critters).

I hope you enjoy it:
I know - link - but youtube - my youtube account - safe site...

I dug up an old Polaroid pic of a 4 legged critter I knew back in late 80’s.

Her name was Buttercup. Her master was my landlord’s daughter.
I was living in Albuquerque, NM (where Bugs Bunny should have taken a left),
I was renting a guest house on a large Hacienda compound.

This little pooch befriended me. Each evening, when I pulled my car in from work, the little bass-turd was waiting at the gate – insisting that I play gopher with it – it was a rat terrier type – the ones who like to enter rodent burrows and rip its target to shreds.. I would pretend my hand was gopher and sneak it in & out from my body as I was down low on ground. This dog would burrow in and go nuts. Sometimes, I would have to use body-weight to calm the little SOB down (via partial suffocation – haha).

ButterBall – my name for ButterCup – was an outside dog. In winter, it did occasionally get brutally cold sometimes. The dog would sit on a chair on my porch, next to my door. I would wrap the dog up in an old bed quilt, and it would sleep in the cocoon – sheltered from the cold wind.

Once in awhile-usually after massive doses of alcohol – I would let the dog crash inside. Waking up with a headbanger hangover, with a dog staring at you with a *** look on it’s face was priceless.
- I’m a vivid dreamer :))

I moved from there when I purchased my first home.

Fast Forward 3 years:

My Mom & her GF Annie paid me a visit. I showed them all around Albq & the State. Grand Tour 4 sure. One stop was to show them my old Casa – the hacienda compound on Rio Grande Blvd.

My Mom met Julian (landlord) Anita (wife_ and the kids on a previous visit when I still lived there).

I pulled my car into side driveway -separated from house by adobe walls & gate.
We got out of car – and there was a dog incessantly barking..guard-dog duty.
Neither party could see each other.
I approached and opened the gate – we all took a step-inside – I yelled “ButterBall”

Barking stopped – then we see Butterball leaping through the shrubbery, right at me, and jumped up into my arms -and slobbered & whimpered like there was no tomorrow.
My Mom & Annie were amazed that the dog remembered my name like that.. The landlords were not home, so we hung around for 10 minutes, and upon leaving – I was concerned that Butterball would follow the car -cause that dog did not want to leave…

Damn – I miss this Dog too.. Butterball- RIP.. I hope you are playing with Misha and the other pooches mentioned in this thread .

Yup – All Dogs Go To Heaven.
Here’s a scan of ButterBall's Polaroid (a.k.a. ButterCup):

Attachments

• BUTTERCUP the DOG.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
I did but took a little while. Its a PDF file and you need a PDF viewer.

My 2 monsters white one is Barney he’s 10 years old,had him since he was 8 weeks old,cost me $8000 just before Christmas on vet bills lol and that’s out of me and the wife’s pocket

the other one is molly she’s 16 months now early Christmas present from the wife last year
She’s a mini bull terrier Barney is standard size
I’ve owned pitbulls as well
8FA354CD-A9C3-44E0-B686-300F4E3EAD9E.jpeg
6E52E09C-7E0D-45C9-8E12-CB1D3297FDD1.jpeg
3C644C17-EF2C-492C-8632-B3FE589A61E8.jpeg
EA97A619-3248-4DFB-BAEE-3F0B13BA8FFC.jpeg
9B0FDD8B-7652-453F-96FD-3644B3178F5F.png
CD1E1505-C126-4DE7-A67D-DD56C0166A14.jpeg
42B578DE-58FC-423D-B9FF-BFDB5C699D04.jpeg

My 2 monsters white one is Barney he’s 10 years old,had him since he was 8 weeks old,cost me $8000 just before Christmas on vet bills lol and that’s out of me and the wife’s pocket

the other one is molly she’s 16 months now early Christmas present from the wife last year
She’s a mini bull terrier Barney is standard size
I’ve owned pitbulls as wellView attachment 268587View attachment 268588View attachment 268589View attachment 268590View attachment 268591View attachment 268592View attachment 268593
Hey,,,it's Spud's Mackenzie. 😁

Latest posts

Back