All My Worms Are Gone! *** Happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozzydiodude said:
If you put to many onions in the worm ben it will chase the worms out.

thank you very much ozz , i really never heard of that .. or didnt suck it in when i read it.

i use a lot of onions , so i will be careful an that might even be why they dont like my compost bin.

soil :icon_smile:

look around for a big hunting/fishing store around you, likely they sell their worm castings (most buy or raise tons of worms resulting in tons of castings). I get mine for $2/30# bag. I have 30 bags sitting in wait currently, most of which have plenty of live worms crawling about inside!

pcduck said:
What store is this?

A local hunting/fishing/outdoors store...won't mention names, but it's a mom/pop run place which has millions of $$ in inventory and sells all baits including worms! I'd wager many lake communities would have something similar. The store I get mine from actually raised it's price from $1/30# bag last year when all of us started buying in bulk...

A local hunting/fishing/outdoors store...won't mention names,but it's a mom/pop run place which has millions of $$ in inventory

Most likely because it does not exist or they do not sell WC that cheap

:ciao:Well sir ... It cost me $17 for 15lb and that seem like a good price. I live next to Lake Erie and there are no place around this area like the one the poster described.:ignore::giggle:

I notice that the casting I bought is a whole lot denser than the casting my worms produced ... God Rest their wormy souls...:cry:

It looks like the farmer fed the worms nothing but some kind of grain feed. My was paper light, of course because I used paper and veggies scraps.

Since it is denser do I have to use as must per volume as I did my castings?:stoned::confused2:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

pcduck said:
Most likely because it does not exist or they do not sell WC that cheap

You calling me a liar, duck?? If so, please read the rules. Why on earth would I make something like this up?? Need me to take a few pics and prove this to you?? The place still has bags out front with a NICE BIG SIGN...I don't want to tell where because I know some lurkers are near me and I don't want another price increase (I know, selfish...why I didn't say this when I said I would't post name).

Roddy said:
You calling me a liar, duck?? If so, please read the rules. Why on earth would I make something like this up?? Need me to take a few pics and prove this to you?? The place still has bags out front with a NICE BIG SIGN...I don't want to tell where because I know some lurkers are near me and I don't want another price increase (I know, selfish...why I didn't say this when I said I would't post name).

I didn't call you anything. You are just assuming.

Sure take a few pics with the price and all those bags they got.

And here I thought this forum was here to help your fellow growers:holysheep:

GrowRebel said:
:ciao:Well sir ... It cost me $17 for 15lb and that seem like a good price. I live next to Lake Erie and there are no place around this area like the one the poster described.:ignore::giggle:

I notice that the casting I bought is a whole lot denser than the casting my worms produced ... God Rest their wormy souls...:cry:

It looks like the farmer fed the worms nothing but some kind of grain feed. My was paper light, of course because I used paper and veggies scraps.

Since it is denser do I have to use as must per volume as I did my castings?:stoned::confused2:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I've not bought castings anywhere other than the place I do now, so no idea if mine are denser, but the bag is a sand bag sized tarp type "fabric" (not very large bag) and it weighs 30#. I dump in a few bags, mix in perlite and the other ingredients....makes a nice soil!

So, only implying then, huh?

Yep, helping others as in telling them it's out there, not going to help myself pay more though...already happened once!

And no, I don't feel the need to prove ANYTHING to you...duck! And won't waste my time....it's obvious you have an issue with me, so why not ignore my posts instead of playing games?

Roddy said:
So, only implying then, huh?

Yep, helping others as in telling them it's out there, not going to help myself pay more though...already happened once!

And no, I don't feel the need to prove ANYTHING to you...duck! And won't waste my time....it's obvious you have an issue with me, so why not ignore my posts instead of playing games?

because you keep spewing hogwash with many of your posts.jmo:ignore:

Again, duck if you have a problem, come on out and say something...or ignore me. Your actions are rude, and really not painting yourself in a good light. It seems telling you can't stay away from my posts, yet you complain I "spew"...

Roddy said:
Again, duck if you have a problem, come on out and say something...or ignore me. Your actions are rude, and really not painting yourself in a good light.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not according to the positive reps and pm's I have been receiving:hubba:

You are so upset that instead of giving me a neg rep you gave me a positive when you told me to grow up:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Call it a gift. Also call this the last I respond to your games...have a great day! Oh, and duck, I'm far from mad....

Just calling it as I see it.:laugh:

Thanks for the gift:)

Calling it like I see it. Around here if you can't/don't back it up with pictures or documinted(?) proof its labeled cow droppings and most egnore it

Then please do ignore it...this hurts me not a bit, and still leaves the info out there so others can benefit. Someone playing games just buries the info...now how's that helping? And truly if you need proof, you're in for a hard life!

Latest posts

Back