All My Worms Are Gone! *** Happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've asked you time and again to stop playing these games, I think you feel if you push enough, I'll say something to get in trouble...keep dreaming! Subject has been changed several times to bring it back to the topic, you still derail and play games. What is it with you??

Thanks for the good laugh Roddy.

But like I said before that if you would have known what you were talking about in the first place none of this would have happened, but since you did not you are just trying to prove to yourself that you do. You are blinded by your own mistakes.

I think it'sd help if you didn't pretend to know what I'm talking about....maybe that would help! See...I know what I'm talking about and am happy to help. You? Well, you just keep playing games and pretending like you proved me wrong....if it'd shut your yapping, I'll pretend to agree...will that finally get you to stop derailing??

lol....no, I know it won't...just dreaming aloud. BTW duck, I'm done with your games...post anything you want, wideopen chance for your spewings! Have fun, back to ignoring you.

Roddy said:
I think it'sd help if you didn't pretend to know what I'm talking about....maybe that would help! See...I know what I'm talking about and am happy to help. You? Well, you just keep playing games and pretending like you proved me wrong....if it'd shut your yapping, I'll pretend to agree...will that finally get you to stop derailing??

I do not need to pretend you have done it for me:rofl:

look around for a big hunting/fishing store around you, likely they sell their worm castings (most buy or raise tons of worms resulting in tons of castings). I get mine for $2/30# bag. I have 30 bags sitting in wait currently, most of which have plenty of live worms crawling about inside!

1)They do not sell worm casing, they sell worm dirt

A local hunting/fishing/outdoors store...won't mention names, but it's a mom/pop run place which has millions of $$ in inventory and sells all baits including worms! I'd wager many lake communities would have something similar. The store I get mine from actually raised it's price from $1/30# bag last year when all of us started buying in bulk...

2) Unwilling to help your fellow grower

You calling me a liar, duck?? If so, please read the rules. Why on earth would I make something like this up?? Need me to take a few pics and prove this to you?? The place still has bags out front with a NICE BIG SIGN...I don't want to tell where because I know some lurkers are near me and I don't want another price increase (I know, selfish...why I didn't say this when I said I would't post name). __________________

2) I never called you a liar you did

I've not bought castings anywhere other than the place I do now, so no idea if mine are denser, but the bag is a sand bag sized tarp type "fabric" (not very large bag) and it weighs 30#. I dump in a few bags, mix in perlite and the other ingredients....makes a nice soil!

3) You still think you are buying worm casings when you are actually buying worm dirt

The type of pace you're searching for is a sort of "Dunham's" or "Cabela's" only on a smaller, family setting. Yet, they do have upwards of over a mil in inventory as I can tell (gun safes and guns alone...WOW). They aren't directly on any lakes, located in a city almost centered of several sport lakes in my area, so look around in areas you may not normally think of (or do a search with google or yellow pages LOL). It's not likely these places will advertise having the WC (the store I buy from calls it worm dirt), my store only started advertising (big sign in front of large pile) after we started buying in bulk!

4) you finally called it what it is

As I said, mom/pop.

No, it's purely castings, maybe some soil as well, nothing like food or impurities at all. And yeah, tons of free worms!! A big bonus! I have worms at work in all my pots...but then, I've heard others do this as well!!

5) Now it is worm casting again

No, just thought you had character enough to not stab a fellow in the back..my bad.

6) Here you just taking stabs at anyone

Nah, I'm not in the business of advertising for anyone, and especially when it could impact MY prices...sorry. Since the OP isn't from here, the info wouldn't have helped him/her anyway...right?? So, instead of all the games, why not embrace the info. I mean, that's what we're supposed to be here for, right? To help?

7)Where is your help? Just assuming

If you're that far down the road, you'll not make out much, but have fun :rofl: :rofl: I may just have to go buy them out so it's a total waste though.....

8) This is playing games

Anyway, back to the wc, look around and find what options you have!! There's great deals out there, see if you can't find something that works for you!

And hey, if the pay's good enough, I'll deliver....

9) Back to calling it worm casting when in fact it is worm dirt

Sorry duck, but the only reason for confrontation in the last few convos were YOU! Maybe you might read back and see how your posts are a continual harassment? Maybe the pm calling me a joke when I am the one who was right? Maybe being called a liar?? no, I believe that's ALL YOU! And why?? because you still carry a grudge over how I spoke to Hal?? Because I tell it as I see it? Or just because you don't like me...well, ignore would make life better for you.

10) See all of the above posts, just repeating. Confrontations with Hal, Ozzy, nvthis, and anyone else that does not agree with you

Do you need more proof? Just go to that other thread for it

And so, to recap for you OP, look for a good outdoor store and check out your options, saving money is a great thing!! Keep in mind that what you're buying may not be pure worm castings, but hey, for the big savings in price I'M SEEING, I am quite happy especially since the bonus is rich soil.

this thread direction makes me sad :( happens all the time. For older folks, all yall's need to take a dose and grow up. Anonymous internet genital comparisons are pathetic and pointless...

if i was a mod I'd ban all you ppl, you're continually polluting threads with this b s. Sucks...

:peace:,

7ge

GrowRebel I would be very careful if you decide to use this worm dirt as it still has organic/ food scraps(since it is teaming with worms and worms need food to survive) in it which will cause it to leech leachte which will kill your plants. The choice is yours.

Roddy said:
lol....no, I know it won't...just dreaming aloud. BTW duck, I'm done with your games...post anything you want, wideopen chance for your spewings! Have fun, back to ignoring you.

You said this back on post #36.:ignore: Didn't you get your own memo?

@7GE

Yep, after the first 1 1/2 pages, this has been a waste of bandwidth.:rolleyes:

Wet

I happen to have very healthy and happy gals producing upwards of 6 oz of killer bud per plant...and have been using this worm casting/soil mix for over a year, please be sure to take all the precautions with a grin of salt. Again, you have the choice out there, find what works for you and be happy!

Wetdog said:
You said this back on post #36.:ignore: Didn't you get your own memo?

@7GE

Yep, after the first 1 1/2 pages, this has been a waste of bandwidth.:rolleyes:

Wet

Yeah, wet, then duck apologized and I thought grew up...fooled me again!! However, I am very happy to share helpful info and will stand behind my word regardless of how much someone tries to belittle me. All I ask is prove me wrong and I'll be more than happy to drop it.

pcduck said:
GrowRebel I would be very careful if you decide to use this worm dirt as it still has organic/ food scraps(since it is teaming with worms and worms need food to survive) in it which will cause it to leech leachte which will kill your plants. The choice is yours.

Actually, this *worm dirt* is correctly called vermicompost and that statement could be true or false, depending on what they feed the worms. Stuff like laying mash (ground up corn), is great and the worms love it. It will also sour if mixed into the bedding. You only use it on the surface for feeding.

All I use is vermicompost, since the bedding in my bins is never completely consumed.

But what I use for bedding is basically the beginnings of my soil mix (peat moss, perlite, lime, kelp meal and some other rock dusts). For food, it is mostly coffee grounds, alfalfa, wheat and soy meal, that I sorta 'bokashi' and comfrey from the bed. We don't generate very much in the way of food scraps. The laying mash, I stop a month or so before I harvest the bin, since I harvest the entire bin at the same time.

Anyway, this is stuff I would be adding to my mix anyway, so if it's not 100% consumed, no big deal. I know exactly what's in there.

Wet

Let it go Roddy and get over it and get a bit more mature.

I have proved you wrong many many many times.

Appreciate the info wet!

When food was mentioned, I pictured coffee grounds and such as well, why I said I saw none present in a comment before, just nice beautiful black gold! I've been using this stuff for over a year and have had chance to get a good look/smell of it, never seen food present. I have seen many many worms, but I've read reports of people putting worms in with their pots and having living worms at the end of harvest...so don't and didn't see an issue.

www.wormfarmingrevealed.com/leachate-vs-worm-tea.html said:
Leachate contains phytotoxins (toxins that can harm plants). Some of these toxins are created by bacteria. Yes, not all bacteria are good. When a worm farm becomes anaerobic (lack of oxygen) it creates chaos, or when there is too much nitrogen rich food, the good bacteria are at war with the bad bacteria. Ultimately if you don't keep the conditions right for the good bacteria then they will lose. in any case though, every worm bin has good and bad microbes no matter how well you take care of you worm farm. This is ok of course, as long as the good ones out number the bad ones. Some leachate can contain harmful pathogens. Landfills always lay down a barrier underneath the compost to keep the leachate from entering into lakes and streams.

When you ad fresh food to the worm bin it starts to break down and goes into a mesophilic process. A mesophile is an organism that thrives in temperatures between 70-104 degrees Fahrenheit. So the bin heats up quite a bit allowing these organisms to multiply exponentially until it can cool back down. Any temperature above this range would then be called a thermophilic process. "Thermophiles" begin to multiply between 105-170 degrees Fahrenheit. These are good temperatures to have in a compost pile outside. It kills off harmful pathogens and unwanted seeds.

The worms move through the compost allowing for greater aeration bringing in more oxygen to the compost. This allows the good organisms to thrive, but Generally, during these higher temperatures, the worms stay away from the decaying matter until it has cooled and stabilized enough to allow the worms back in. This instability is usually accompanied by a smelly or foul odor. This is a great sign that indicates that the bin in that particular area is teaming with the bad organisms until they have a chance to pass through the gut of a worm.

So when you seep water through the bin during these unstable conditions to feed directly to your plants you are gambling with a set of cards you haven't even seen.

ok?

http://www.redwormcomposting.com/reader-questions/using-worm-bin-leachate/ said:
Unfortunately there seems to be misleading information provided by some worm bin manufacturers (and website owners). The terms ‘worm tea’, ‘worm compost tea’, ‘castings tea’, or ‘vermicompost tea’ should actually refer to the liquid fertilizer created by steeping (soaking) quality castings/compost in water (often aerated) for a period of time. The problem is that many people refer to the liquid that drains out from a worm bin as ‘worm tea’, when the proper term for this is actually ‘leachate’.
Obviously, we’re only talking about words here so it probably seems like I’m splitting hairs, but keeping the distinction between these terms is actually quite important. While leachate can certainly have value as a liquid fertilizer (especially when drained from a mature worm bin), it should be treated with a lot more caution than good quality worm tea. As water passes down through a worm bin it can pick up all sorts of unstable metabolites (various products/intermediates of the decomposition process) – if for example, you can some fairly anaerobic zones in your worm bin, you can end up with various phytotoxic (plant harming) compounds in your leachate.
Finished composts are much better to use for worm tea creation because they are much more uniform in composition, and the vast majority (if not all) the potentially harmful compounds have been converted into something more stabilized. The microbial community present in these materials tends to be more beneficial as well.
Again, I’m not trying to say that leachate is “poison” and should never be used – I just recommend taking some extra steps, or at least using it with caution. I would probably dilute it and aerate with an aquarium air stone before using it myself. You can probably get away with using it outdoors and with hardy plants, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend putting it straight on houseplants or using with plants that tend to be a little temperamental.

more

When you ad fresh food to the worm bin it starts to break down and goes into a mesophilic process. I don't think they're feeding this soil before selling it, and I know I'm not.

This instability is usually accompanied by a smelly or foul odor. The lack of that might be a telling sign.

Unfortunately there seems to be misleading information provided by some worm bin manufacturers (and website owners). The terms ‘worm tea’, ‘worm compost tea’, ‘castings tea’, or ‘vermicompost tea’ should actually refer to the liquid fertilizer created by steeping (soaking) quality castings/compost in water (often aerated) for a period of time. The problem is that many people refer to the liquid that drains out from a worm bin as ‘worm tea’, when the proper term for this is actually ‘leachate’. This is talking about teas, not what is being discussed at all.

Well I guess you do not understand what you are using and/or talking about. There is nothing I can do about that since you are unable to learn

How's your plants doing wet? Mine are loving this stuff, as toxic as it's supposed to be!

Latest posts

Back