All My Worms Are Gone! *** Happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder though, does this stuff supposedly stay toxic, or can it become useful with time...like maybe a month or two? Or doesn't that supposed food in the soil ever become safe to use?

I'm guessing it does, which is why I'm having such great results.

Finished composts are much better to use for worm tea creation because they are much more uniform in composition, and the vast majority (if not all) the potentially harmful compounds have been converted into something more stabilized. The microbial community present in these materials tends to be more beneficial as well.

Oh, and this is particularly interesting:

Again, I’m not trying to say that leachate is “poison” and should never be used – I just recommend taking some extra steps, or at least using it with caution. I would probably dilute it and aerate with an aquarium air stone before using it myself. You can probably get away with using it outdoors and with hardy plants, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend putting it straight on houseplants or using with plants that tend to be a little temperamental.

So...even if it is unfinished compost, it's still going to produce useful teas in the end...if one were worried about making tea? I wonder if, by dilute he could also mean mix well with other ingredients in an effort to make a supersoil?

Break it down like this

Worm dirt is a good growing medium so far for Roddy. And basically WD is uses a pre-mixed "soil" using the worm farmer's bed clean out.

Worm Castings are worm poo the is collected from worm beds and used for soil mix additives and making teas.

Hey Hick shoot this horse and put it out of it misery.

Hey Hick shoot this horse and put it out of it misery.

I'm truly curious as to the answer, Ozzy. I believe there's room for learning here...and more than just I! ;) Besides, I reported this thread a few times yesterday already....

I didn't mean close the thread Roddy, this debate is at the point where Hick usually post a link or 2 to info that will iluminate the subject

I'll add one more thing to this, I've read people in this very forum putting worms in their pots, these worms still alive after the harvest. I am willing to bet my hind teeth that the people that did this didn't add food, so the worms lived, but not on anyting in the soil that would harm the plant...right?

So, reasonable to say that worms could live in my soil long after the "toxic" contaminants are gone?

edited mistaken word thread out where it should have said forum

ozzydiodude said:
I didn't mean close the thread Roddy, this debate is at the point where Hick usually post a link or 2 to info that will iluminate the subject

:aok:

Roddy said:
How's your plants doing wet? Mine are loving this stuff, as toxic as it's supposed to be!

That could be the source of your pm:eek:

Hey Roddy, What color is the sky? Is it Blue?

Nope, BLACK as night....you got windows??

You don't like that there's an answer to your comment? Considering I got PM a week and a few days after the flood and have NEVER had it before the move downstairs (Michigan basement...you may know something about those???), whereas I've been using the soil on hand since the harvest before this (and still have another harvest worth mixed and sitting from same batch), I would say I am pretty much on track. See, I know what's going on with my grow, I'm here...or can you tell without pics? Or hey, I know, your theory is the only answer acceptable.

Or are you simply back to being a hassle and needing ignored again??

BTW....since you'e so up on this worm dirt, why not take a shot at those questions??? I'm really curious as to the answers!

dman1234 said:
whats it been guys 36 hours? 3 days? arent you tired of it yet.

Dman, I am truly wanting answers to the questions I posed, or I'd still be ignoring him. As is obvious, he cannot leave this alone, can't add anything of help...just hassle. I have tried to bring this back to topic a dozen times, can't get him to stop, no matter. And yes, I am disgusted with the bickering, could truly do without.....

Roddy said:
Nope, BLACK as night....you got windows??

This just goes to prove that all you want to do is argue.:D

(Michigan basement...you may know something about those???),

Yes I know about the flooding and the road closures

why not take a shot at those questions???

The answers are in the posts that I quoted:doh: and in my previous post:doh:

look around for a big hunting/fishing store around you, likely they sell their worm castings (most buy or raise tons of worms resulting in tons of castings). I get mine for $2/30# bag.

Roddy if you would have just called your worm dirt, worm dirt instead of worm casting this all could been avoided, but for some reason you cannot comprehend this, or you just do not know what you have. Even after the people that sold it to you said it was worm dirt and not worm casting, but there again you keep insisting that it is worm castings:ignore:

I have told you before to just let it go but you insist on keeping it going trying to prove your point on a subject that you do not know anything about, being that you do not even comprehend what you have.

Please ignore me, but you have also said that you would many times and still haven't

Did you quack yet again duck....I see no answer, must be you're not able to give it? hope someone can. Should I repost it in case you missed it?? Ignore you? Imposible, isn't it? You just keep coming and coming, like the childhood bully in the schoolyard. Why should my info be squashed by the bully? No, I'll play your game, seems it's welcomed.

Roddy if you would have just called your worm dirt, worm dirt instead of worm casting this all could been avoided, but for some reason you cannot comprehend this, or you just do not know what you have. Even after the people that sold it to you said it was worm dirt and not worm casting, but there again you keep insisting that it is worm castings

I believe I admitted this waaay back...but you're too busy trying to belittle and harass to pick up on that...or it'd mean you have nothing more to harass about if you did. So very sad.

Roddy said:
Roddy if you would have just called your worm dirt, worm dirt instead of worm casting this all could been avoided, but for some reason you cannot comprehend this, or you just do not know what you have. Even after the people that sold it to you said it was worm dirt and not worm casting, but there again you keep insisting that it is worm castings

I believe I admitted this waaay back...but you're too busy trying to belittle and harass to pick up on that...or it'd mean you have nothing more to harass about if you did. So very sad.

this is very true duck ..... he tried 10 times an you keep going , i think with the rude help you gave an the investigation you put on his worm farmer , he knows what he has now .... he admitted it an you apolagized. ....its over.

i dont know what kinda relationship you guys got , but 7 pages later its rediculas.

roddy i have watched how you been on this thread an it seems you know better an already knew that anything you post , duck is gonna attack.

i see you tryin but you know what hes responding with so its up to you to be the bigger man..... obviously.

duck , your acting like hes getting ripped off over the worm dirt ? hes getting very good dirt for cheap as f. if thats really worm dirt then you cant get a better deal on the planet.

duck you may be very good at this , you may be the best. but your dedication to get rid of roddy is very very childish , even if he is just as childish on other threads .... he hasnt been on this one.

the op just wants castings , thats all. an still noone has linked him/her to any deals , just keep tellin him to not get worm dirt. thats not gonna help.

rod , whats your questions that are still not answered ? i will try , then we can get back to info vs bickering.

duck i been seeing you around for years an have never seen you act like this ..... if you have that big of a prob with rod then just forget him.

were all in the same boat :icon_smile:

soil (no offense to ANYONE!)

pcduck said:
The answers are in the posts that I quoted:doh: and in :doh:my previous post

Roddy if you would have just called your worm dirt, worm dirt instead of worm casting this all could been avoided, but for some reason you cannot comprehend this, or you just do not know what you have. Even after the people that sold it to you said it was worm dirt and not worm casting, but there again you keep insisting that it is worm castings:ignore:

I have told you before to just let it go but you insist on keeping it going trying to prove your point on a subject that you do not know anything about, being that you do not even comprehend what you have.

Please ignore me, but you have also said that you would many times and still haven't

Once again just for you Roddy, please take the time to read them, if you are able:D

soil I never told her not to get worm dirt, I just told her the hazards.

And I have tried to let it go but Roddy just seems to be unable to accept the truth

Latest posts

Back