Allowing plant to dry up a bit before harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgutta420

Reaction score
I’m at where I’m at and I’ll be where I be
Ok so this “should” be my last silly question here. I’ve read about this for dirt growers but can’t really find much as far as hydroponics, DWC specifically. I plan on harvesting really soon and I’ve noticed my reservoir could use a top up. What if I just let it dry out since harvest is right around the corner? I’ve read on some of these forums and blogs that it produced some of the best weed ever smoked. So says them. They say cut fan leaves and let plant dry up and start to wilt. Just wondering if anyone dwc or hydro grower here has tried it and what was the result? This is part curiosity and part laziness because I don’t want to refill the reservoir if I don’t have to haha. Thanks in advance.

Only time I did that was to get good seeds on an Auto because I dusted late.
Besides,,when you chop she is still fresh and should be going in a COOL DRY DARK place to dry before going into jars to cure, especially if your growing outside. The sun would dry it out and the heat would fk up trichomes if not watering.
Guess if you were growing inside you could shut down your lights and keep it cool untill you chop. But you still don't want it drying out to much before you chop and cure.

Last edited:
Only time I did that was to get good seeds on an Auto because I dusted late.
Besides,,when you chop she is still fresh and should be going in a COOL DRY DARK place to dry before going into jars to cure, especially if your growing outside. The sun would dry it out and the heat would fk up trichomes if not watering.
Guess if you were growing inside you could shut down your lights and keep it cool untill you chop. But you still don't want it drying out to much before you chop and cure.
Yea that was the logic from what I gathered, to make it produce more resin I guess in a last ditch attempt to procreate before death. I guess it sends her into fight or flight mode. Supposedly you’re supposed to like I said, cut the fan leaves and leave her in the dark for 48-96 hrs. That would be just about perfect since I plan to chop sabado. I guess the other benefit is it starts the drying process before even chopping. But nah, I’ll just pour a gallon in and call it a day. I’m already nervous enough about this harvest, no need to add other variables…I want to wet trim anyway so drying it out would be counterintuitive. I was just curious if anyone here had tried it and what the results were.

This is already going to be a daunting task. I snipped a popcorn bud from the bottom Sunday (8.3g wet) and just trimming it was a huge pita so I am not ready at all. Based on the size of that small bud and the fact it was 8 grams wet my main colas are probably at least a couple ounces or more wet. I’m not mad but not looking forward to it. Who wants to do it for me…payment will be generous lol.

Yea that was the logic from what I gathered, to make it produce more resin I guess in a last ditch attempt to procreate before death. I guess it sends her into fight or flight mode. Supposedly you’re supposed to like I said, cut the fan leaves and leave her in the dark for 48-96 hrs. That would be just about perfect since I plan to chop sabado. I guess the other benefit is it starts the drying process before even chopping. But nah, I’ll just pour a gallon in and call it a day. I’m already nervous enough about this harvest, no need to add other variables…I want to wet trim anyway so drying it out would be counterintuitive. I was just curious if anyone here had tried it and what the results were.

This is already going to be a daunting task. I snipped a popcorn bud from the bottom Sunday (8.3g wet) and just trimming it was a huge pita so I am not ready at all. Based on the size of that small bud and the fact it was 8 grams wet my main colas are probably at least a couple ounces or more wet. I’m not mad but not looking forward to it. Who wants to do it for me…payment will be generous lol.

i water the day before i chop

with wet trimming , i like my plant to be turgid , there is no comparison on the quality of a wet trim vs dry trim

it is like dry cleaning clothes

if anyone here believes that dry cleaning gets clothes cleaner than hot water and bleach , i will buy you a dry cleaner press

just kidding , i dont know squat about dry cleaning or trimming weed , i blast most of it anyway to make full spectrum oil which is just a fancy word for hash

Trimmers get $20/hr here. I do it myself. Plus I am very particular in the way I trim.
1673363079025.png

Latest posts

Back