Almost their, well soon to be half way at least!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefullybud

Reaction score
Finally getting close to that time and I had been wondering, Ive heard that during the entire flowering process theirs generally 2 spurts of growth (Ive been through the first so I know that is fact.) is it true that alot of strands show another big leap in the second month + 1 week? just curious thanks!! happy where Im at but I cant lie my goal long term is to do much better =(

anyways heres the hard work so far!

1120110746.jpg

1120110747.jpg

1120110748.jpg

1120110749.jpg

1120110750.jpg

1120110753.jpg

1120110753a.jpg

I think generally yes....most strains seems to pack it on the second half. I know the strains I hve grown usually pack it on and become solid bud the last 3-4 weeks. Alot will depend on your light source as well. HPS will produce fuller more dense buds then CFL's if all conditions are the same. Jmo

I do not believe/have not found that to be true. Although plants pack on a lot of their bulk the last several weeks, I do not believe that they really have what you would call "growth spurts"...unless you are talking about the initial stretch and I would not call that growth. And different strains can grow quite differently.

Are your plants growing sideways?

I am confused now...are you talking about the buds packing it on or the plant growing? The only real secondary "growth" I seem to get later in flower is fox tailing on some strains. Like the Pre 98 Bubba.

I would agree with Goddess that the "growth spurts" are really not growth spurts. The first one being "stretch" as a result of the plant recognising that the light energy it was recieving has been cut down. It does the only thing it is programmed to do, which is to reach for the light source and get above whatever is "shading" it. Once the flowering hormones kick in the plant refocuses its energy on making flowers rather than just veg growth. :icon_smile:

The "growth spurt" during the last few weeks of flowering is really just compounding of flower growth but not necessarilly an increase in growth. Its kind of like taking 20% of 100 versus 20% of 1000. It looks like you are getting more but it is still only 20%.

It seems like there could be a way to fool the plant into switching to flowering without causing the "stretch" reaction from cutting the light in half.

I find that I get major stretch in the first few weeks but after that its more about calyx and trich development. I have heard about the "two growth spurt" thing too but never really noticed.

ok, yea the stretch was definently not what I was meaning.. kinda more-so what lewis was talking about with density in the last 4-6 weeks... hopefully thats the case and I am using a 1000 watt hps. OK well figured id check with some people who had experience after hearing about "growth spurts" during flowering and their being 2 stages it happens but you all answered that question for me thanks!! p.s Im sorry goddess Id imagine your just gonna disreguard my sideways posting eventually :( im just always in a rush and when I edit the pics to rotate them their no longer clickable off site for zoom.

HFB, just for your info, if you scroll down on the manage attachments page, it shows how big you can go with the pics in different formats.... I use windows xp and just run the cursor over the pic and a notice pops up and tells how big the pic is and what format it is in and how many bytes. if it is too big, which is always with my camera, Iright click on my pic and then click edit, which will bring up the pic in mspaint. I click on image at the top then stretch, then I put in 36 for both horizontal and vertical then click ok. after it resizes it, I clic on image again and then rotate to get it right, then save it to my file. At that point it should fit and upload without trouble. :)

next time ill have to do it right then, next pic post will be right before pulling =)

hopefullybud said:
p.s Im sorry goddess Id imagine your just gonna disreguard my sideways posting eventually :( im just always in a rush and when I edit the pics to rotate them their no longer clickable off site for zoom.

I am an old lady and it is just hard on my old lady eyes. I turn and resize like Hushpuppy.

Latest posts

Back