Alternating Nodes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedCold

Reaction score
Just wondering, in everyone's personal experience, how many nodes does it take to see alternating ones?

This isn't like the owl asking how many licks to the center of a tootsie-pop.:doh:

i'd say it takes me an average of 9-13 before i can start seeing a change....

StonedCold said:
Just wondering, in everyone's personal experience, how many nodes does it take to see alternating ones?

This isn't like the owl asking how many licks to the center of a tootsie-pop.:doh:
I believe that around the thenth node they will start to alternate.About 5 weeks.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

If you were to simply flip the switch to 12/12 with say 30 days of veg and about 10 nodes (not alternating), would the plant mature quicker and kick it into flower or would that diminish the quality of the plant because you are forcing it out of maturing properly with time?

I'm inpatient, and I realize that isn't a good thing to be... that is why I keep asking questions to keep me away from the switch because I know I would have done it by now haha...:holysheep:

If it's at least 10-12 inches, you'll be fine. I have noticed alternating nodes after the 7th node and sometimes not until the 10th or so.

Basically, she'll flower when you tell her to. I have never used alternating nodes as a barometer.

Continuing along with questions on alternating nodes because I HAVE THEM on number 6!!!!!

I've read that if you clone a plant that has no alternating nodes, than that clone is a replica, which means that it isn't sexually mature. Thus, if you wanted to flower, it would take a little longer.

However...

If you were to take a clone of a plant WITH alternating nodes, but the actual clone IS NOT the branch with alternating clones, is that clone the immature by product of the mother; or is it mature because the plant has parts of it mature, even if that section was not yet?

Latest posts

Back