alternating nodes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShuttyMcShutShut

Reaction score
As you can probably guess, im a newbie. My question is this, I keep hearing reference to "alternating node's". I thought i knew what this physically looked like, seems like it would be just what the term "sounds" like it means, but maybe im just not thinking of the right type of "node". can anyone help? I see pictures of peoples plants posted and people tell them that they should have waited to see alternating nodes before adding nutes, flowering, etc. Seems like it would just mean a set of leaves growing in opposite directions, then another set growing at approx 90 degrees of the set below it...i.e. alternating....but apparently im missing something.
Peace

plants have branches that come off the stalk...that spot is a node. The young plant has two branches acrossed from one another (left) and when they are older they begin to alternate rather than sprout a pair across from another. (right)

-|- -|_
-|- -|_
-|- -|_

Sounds like you are right in your thoughts... ravishing has a good lil text pic that shows it perfect...

Latest posts

Back