Alternative to trichome color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepfriedNugs

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain I'm nearing harvest on one of my girls, I ordered a 60x pocket microscope but it won't be here for a few days at least.

So is there any other reliable method to know when to harvest other then trichome color?

Was hoping to harvest with all cloudy trichomes but I have no way to tell until I get my microscope in the mail.

About 25% of pistils have gone red if that helps.

U got some time im pretty certain by the 25% red hairs and the time of year u should have plenty of time

U got some time im pretty certain by the 25% red hairs and the time of year u should have plenty of time

Ok good to know. The buds are getting big and frosty so I was worried about them going too far.

Actually the color of the hairs have nothing to do with the "ripeness" of the plant. There are a myriad of factors that can make the hairs turn red that have nothing to do with plant maturity. Basically there is no way to tell if a plant is ready except for checking the trichs. Waiting a couple of days is not going to make a huge difference--I would wait for the scope.

Besides, in most places, outdoor plants are not ready yet. I would be surprised if yours were unless they are a very short flowering indica.

Actually the color of the hairs have nothing to do with the "ripeness" of the plant. There are a myriad of factors that can make the hairs turn red that have nothing to do with plant maturity. Basically there is no way to tell if a plant is ready except for checking the trichs. Waiting a couple of days is not going to make a huge difference--I would wait for the scope.

Besides, in most places, outdoor plants are not ready yet. I would be surprised if yours were unless they are a very short flowering indica.

Nope, she's a beautiful purple sativa.

Your post makes a lot of sense. Much appreciated.

Scope will be here Saturday.

Take no plant before it's time! If this is a beautiful big sativa girl, I would definitely be for waiting on the scope. We see an awful lot of people take plants early here and it is just sad. Those plants really can bulk up and pack on the trichomes the final few weeks of flowering. We would love to see some pics of your beautiful purple gal.

Take no plant before it's time! If this is a beautiful big sativa girl, I would definitely be for waiting on the scope. We see an awful lot of people take plants early here and it is just sad. Those plants really can bulk up and pack on the trichomes the final few weeks of flowering. We would love to see some pics of your beautiful purple gal.

This is the best I got for now... My phone doesn't take good pics, but it gives an idea of the size.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1410812574290.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1410812628509.jpg

Oh yeah, you have quite a ways to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see that one go 4 more weeks before she is ready.

Thanks for sharing.

it has a while to go still, it may not be what you wanna hear but it is what it is. take it too soon and you wasted everything form the time the time you germed the seed

Oh yeah, you have quite a ways to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see that one go 4 more weeks before she is ready.

Thanks for sharing.

it has a while to go still, it may not be what you wanna hear but it is what it is. take it too soon and you wasted everything form the time the time you germed the seed

I'll wait as long as it takes... If it has 3 more weeks even the buds should be huge and delicious. [emoji1]

like i said u have plenty of time i know my outdoors that plants got plenty of time its not harvest time yet 3 to 4 weeks ill be harvesting sept for a few that started flowering early :48:

Latest posts

Back