Always something else - Thrips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
I've looked around different websites and threads online and have found that the little bugs i have wondering around are Thrips.

I know they can be killed with the diatomic (sp?) earth easily... except I'm growing hydro.

So what do u guys n gals consider a surefire way to take care of them?

Safers endall? Neem oil? Blue pest strips? Tanglefoot? any insecticidal spray? I'm guessing these guys are easy to kill compared to mites.

I plan on starting the flowering cycle on dec1st... so I don't want to use the $$ avid I have on hand.

I have them aswell

I used a big can of Dr doom Fumigator. turn everything off and let it rip.

but i still see the odd one stuck to the yellow stickys

I'm going to try endall next

Yeah I read that they are attracted to ''blue stickies''... I dunno if it is true or not... I do not have any that fly from what I can see... but I know they are thrips... u hang your stickies on the plants or just in the air?

Bought the last bottle of Endall spray in my pitiful town today... however I guess thrips are not tough at all.. one application and no sign of anything now. As they show and/or weekly I'll apply it again a couple more times.. but they are EZ to kill.. definately not up to spidermite standards.

definatly not as bad as mites.
the stickies i have are put on a stick and stuck in the dirt at the base.

I don't see the flying ones but they are on the stickies.

I see what looks like slug trails on the leaves, and yellow worm looking things under the leaves

Canso said:
definatly not as bad as mites.
the stickies i have are put on a stick and stuck in the dirt at the base.

I don't see the flying ones but they are on the stickies.

I see what looks like slug trails on the leaves, and yellow worm looking things under the leaves

As they do more damage the silver trails will show... the ''wormlike things'' are thrips... just get a bottle of endall n spray the plants lightly... it'll kill them all off.

End-all took care of them for me also. They aren't nearly as tenacious as mites.

Latest posts

Back