Am I breaking the cell phone rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok I read where it said No cell phone pix, so does that apply to cell phone posting too.??

No the cel phone pic have a GPS code in some of them that tells where the pic was taken

Ok thanks.! I have access to a computer in the morning and iPhone all day.!!

just get a metadata removal program. tons of em free on line.
Just click "properties" on the picture and it will list all the data in it.

It is not against the rules it is for your safety...just make sure you hve the GPS tagging set to off on your phone. This way it won't tell everyone the location.

the gps tracking can be done thru the properties of the picture??? wow thats crazy!

Older phones don't have it. Mine doesn't. Call the store you got it from and check into it.

Could be wrong, but if you have an Android, Windows Phone, Iphone, WebOS, or any smart phone for that matter it most likely has it.

I have a Windows Phone and it was very easy to fine the GPS tracking in my settings and shut it off..

thomas 11111 said:
Older phones don't have it. Mine doesn't. Call the store you got it from and check into it.

Like I said earlier, (in MS windows) Right click the photo, scroll to properties. When the properties window pops up it will have all the metadata listed. date, size, file type, GPS, and tons of other data. Just check that prior to releasing any photo on the net.

Mutt said:
Like I said earlier, (in MS windows) Right click the photo, scroll to properties. When the properties window pops up it will have all the metadata listed. date, size, file type, GPS, and tons of other data. Just check that prior to releasing any photo on the net.

:yeahthat:

It is just one lil added step to ensure your safety....not hard at all. And as already said you can turn the function off on your phone or use a free program to strip the data from the pics prior to posting.

This is a good practice for ALL digital photos...not just for cell pics.
If you labeled your computer log in with your real name. It will assign your windows log in name as the "author" and will be stored within the picture file.
Always check the properties of any file you post up here.

Better safe then sorry,,as my Dad always said.

Mutt said:

You should also check for EXIF data that may not show up in the normal photo metadata. iPhones in particular store exact GPS coordinates this way.

Google "EXIF viewer" for a good online one.

Latest posts

Back