am i ready to flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
please give me your opinion :eek: are my ladies ready for flowering they have been in veg for 5 weeks and are 19" high here are a few pic and will they grow any taller in flower:confused: be safe grama42

DSCI0052.JPG

DSCI0050.JPG

DSCI0049.JPG

I do not see any pics close enough to make a definite answer there..... but judging by the size of the plants I would say YES!!!! hehehe...

they should be big enough to have alternating nodes now...

I personally have not seen the flowering stretch that others claim to get in their grow with doubling or trippling in size, but all I have grown so far is some bagseed, ( but i got good genetics on the way)... But I am sure it is a strain sensitive thing.....

so Yep flower them babies and cull out any males.

CasualGrower said:
I personally have not seen the flowering stretch that others claim to get in their grow with doubling or trippling in size, but all I have grown so far is some bagseed, ( but i got good genetics on the way)... But I am sure it is a strain sensitive thing.....

People don't claim to get the stretch, poeple do get the stretch, it's a fact. Some indicas are bred to not stretch much during flowering, but I'd say most plants have the stretch, sounds like you'll soon see...

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
Yeah, flower now.

And get rid of that aluminum foil on the wall.
why should i get rid of the foil:confused:

i've never grown anything that did not hit the stetch.hell the mazar i have growing now is an example,i flowered at 5-6 inches tall and the btch is way over 4 ft now.not really sure as i have her tied down so many different ways.all mj plants hit the stretch.i also started with bagseed

CasualGrower said:
I do not see any pics close enough to make a definite answer there..... but judging by the size of the plants I would say YES!!!! hehehe...

they are all ladies and yes they do have pics just can't see them that good with the yellow light:cool:

grama42 said:
why should i get rid of the foil:confused:

people are going to tell you it will cause "hotspots" and burn your plants :eek:

personally... I think it's just an old wive's tale:rolleyes:

I've never seen any plants get burned cuz tinfoil was used... however, flat white paint is more reflective than the tinfoil.

should you decide to stick with the foil, make sure you have the dull side towards the girls (it is more reflective than the shiny side).

andy52 said:
i've never grown anything that did not hit the stetch.hell the mazar i have growing now is an example,i flowered at 5-6 inches tall and the btch is way over 4 ft now.not really sure as i have her tied down so many different ways.all mj plants hit the stretch.i also started with bagseed
well good for you im glad you have a green thumb keep growing safe

YEAH! put those babies in the oven already, if you want to keep em manageable, they look nice and bushy, gonna be some nice looking plants!

i agree about the hot spot business, maybe if reflected from a poorly designed hood or something, but aluminum foil doesnt really reflect that great, and i couldnt see it burning your girls, just get some mylar or flat white.

CasualGrower said:

what does flowering stretch mean:confused: where can i get the info to read:confused:

when the plants reach a certain point,they seem to take off.they grow very rapidly.you will know when they hit the stretch.seems like they grow while you are looking at them,lol

yea they can go into flower! yes they will stretch up to possibly twice their height in the first few weeks of flowering. If you can't cop with the height read up on LST and you can lightly tie the tall branches down to get an even canopy. Also I see the foil, but is that also a mirror?

Mirrors and foil have very poor reflectivity of your lovely lamps (as well as creating hotspots that will burn your plants). Get some panda film, mylar or a couple of emergency blankets :)

That crazy vancouver guy said:
people are going to tell you it will cause "hotspots" and burn your plants :eek:

personally... I think it's just an old wive's tale:rolleyes:

I've never seen any plants get burned cuz tinfoil was used... however, flat white paint is more reflective than the tinfoil.

should you decide to stick with the foil, make sure you have the dull side towards the girls (it is more reflective than the shiny side).
I made a small grow box lined with plastic, and tin foil, and i put my small plants in there when in dixi cups with a floro, and they never got "burned", so yeah i think thats a myth also

I ditto what the others say: Put them into flower.

I always used tin foil, with the dull side out and I always had some sort of heat stress, even in the winter. I don't know for sure, but I'm starting think that the tin foil was creating hot spots. For this grow I removed the tin foil and painted the wall flat white. Well, I haven't had any heat stress problems at all. And the temperatures, although overall are lower (because it's winter), sometimes they get just as high as before and still, no heat stress.

By the way, you've some pretty girls there. Keep us updated with more pics as your grow progresses.

again I will ust say that all I have ever grown was bagseed and when I thre it into flower the plant might have grown maybe a quarter of it's size.... so if a foot tall, got a total of 1.25 feet..... but i will say again, a LOT of that has to do with genetics, growing style and any other factor you can think of.......i would be FULLY prepared for at least a doubling of plant growth for your flowering phase..... just a matter of planning ahead... if you let your girls get too far ahead for your space now just make sure to take some clones and make sure you factor that into your next grow.....

Once again.. good Luck.

grama42 said:
what does flowering stretch mean:confused: where can i get the info to read:confused:

Once you cut the light hours back to 12, the plants go through "about" a two week period where growth is fast and furious. Commonly called "the stretch".. "I" like to continue feeding veg nutes(high N) throu that 2 weeks. It is obvious that they are useing copious amount, with that sudden growth spurt, and it prevents early chlorosis in the later weeks of flower.. IME..

Alistair Young said:
I ditto what the others say: Put them into flower.

I always used tin foil, with the dull side out and I always had some sort of heat stress, even in the winter. I don't know for sure, but I'm starting think that the tin foil was creating hot spots. For this grow I removed the tin foil and painted the wall flat white. Well, I haven't had any heat stress problems at all. And the temperatures, although overall are lower (because it's winter), sometimes they get just as high as before and still, no heat stress.

By the way, you've some pretty girls there. Keep us updated with more pics as your grow progresses.
ok thanks im proud of them i will keep you posted going into 12/12 as of today be safe grama42:ccc:

Latest posts

Back