Am I wasting my time looking for skunky weed seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an email anyway with my condolences and question about G&M‘s future

the business friend of Matts is working with the family tompreserve Matts work

there is talk of continuing his work and all profits put in a trust for Matts son when he turns 21

so yeah , there is an outside chance that G&M Seeds may continue

Although I have loved all the great smells of the weed I’ve grown and even others I’ve tried recently, I kinda miss that skunk weed that smells up the whole garage. Some of the descriptions say skunk but maybe skunk undertones that you really have to reach for to smell. Most of the weed I grow no matter what the description says has a piney gassy or fruity mix smell. Now I will say that you can get away with smoking it in the house without worries of airing the whole place out but I wouldn’t mind finding some of that real skunk weed from the not so recent past. Is it still out there? And what strains can you recommend that actually smell skunk by your actual experience? I’d like to find something before I drop my spring seeds. Thanx in advance for your comments.
Same here. I've grown multiple strains and they all usually turn out smelling the same. For the life of me I can't find the site that claimed all your plants will smell and taste similar because of the surrounding environment. Another thing I was thinking is that the technology we use today is far superior than what we were used to. Maybe we're giving the plant everything it needs and then some and that keeps the smell at bay? Back in the day plants didn't have what we have today to give them. Idk..I just smoked my Durban poison.. that smells very similar to the kush that was growing only a few feet away. One things for sure, that's a hell of a good point to make. Been scratching my head awhile on that one.

Same here. I've grown multiple strains and they all usually turn out smelling the same. For the life of me I can't find the site that claimed all your plants will smell and taste similar because of the surrounding environment. Another thing I was thinking is that the technology we use today is far superior than what we were used to. Maybe we're giving the plant everything it needs and then some and that keeps the smell at bay? Back in the day plants didn't have what we have today to give them. Idk..I just smoked my Durban poison.. that smells very similar to the kush that was growing only a few feet away. One things for sure, that's a hell of a good point to make. Been scratching my head awhile on that one.
That may have more to do with how most strains/strandivars are hybrids hovering in the 60-40 to 50-50 range. Case in point, my outdoor grow this summer consisted of a ~50-50 hybrid(OFSG) and a 90-10 Freakshow. Both smell markedly different overall but with a similar floral undertone. On a related note, I think medium has an influence as well. My wife and I were in Maui a few years ago and the fruit there was otherworldly in taste. I think the volcanic soil contributed to the taste.

That may have more to do with how most strains/strandivars are hybrids hovering in the 60-40 to 50-50 range. Case in point, my outdoor grow this summer consisted of a ~50-50 hybrid(OFSG) and a 90-10 Freakshow. Both smell markedly different overall but with a similar floral undertone. On a related note, I think medium has an influence as well. My wife and I were in Maui a few years ago and the fruit there was otherworldly in taste. I think the volcanic soil contributed to the taste.
Biochemistry and genetics of floral scent production. Boy that would be an avenue to venture down.

Yes I wouldn’t mind knowing a trusted site that sells goat and monkey. I like great lake genetics but they don’t carry his line. I see the seeds I’m looking for triangle poison available but don’t know the seed suppliers. Hard to spend 20.00 a seed too not knowing if they are not what I was shopping for until harvest time… who do you trust @boo that may sell the G&M line?

i dont know how to say this any clearer but Goat and Monkey Seeds are shut down , there are no legal seed sales right now

the owner of Goat and Monkey Seeds was Matt DeLesile who passed away last week and Matts estate is in probate court and that includes G&M Seeds

i repeat , i was told by Matts friend that all the seed companies that sold G&M Seeds were told to STOP sales until the courts are done settling Matts estate

i dont know how to say this any clearer but Goat and Monkey Seeds are shut down , there are no legal seed sales right now

the owner of Goat and Monkey Seeds was Matt DeLesile who passed away last week and Matts estate is in probate court and that includes G&M Seeds

i repeat , i was told by Matts friend that all the seed companies that sold G&M Seeds were told to STOP sales until the courts are done settling Matts estate
Got it, just took me a minute. I just saw some in stock today on a site that I’ve never dealt with. Didn’t know they were not allowed to sell them anymore
this is what I was looking at
https://emeraldrosegrows.com/goat-and-monkey-triangle-poison-fem-6pk-3/

Although I have loved all the great smells of the weed I’ve grown and even others I’ve tried recently, I kinda miss that skunk weed that smells up the whole garage. Some of the descriptions say skunk but maybe skunk undertones that you really have to reach for to smell. Most of the weed I grow no matter what the description says has a piney gassy or fruity mix smell. Now I will say that you can get away with smoking it in the house without worries of airing the whole place out but I wouldn’t mind finding some of that real skunk weed from the not so recent past. Is it still out there? And what strains can you recommend that actually smell skunk by your actual experience? I’d like to find something before I drop my spring seeds. Thanx in advance for your comments.
The wedding cake strain.

I read that matt's crew is going to keep his genetics alive and well...they're doing a trust fund for his son so it will live on...his partner is gonna head the operation up so I believe the brand will live on...

Latest posts

Back