an Auto w/ no ruderalis??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've just ordered ten of these. i'll test em. despite all of the things said on this thread i've heard GREAT things about this strain.

chemdawg said:
This Iranian Autoflower was indoors under vertical lights with crusty buckets. Yield was about a pound per dry weight. Outdoors my yields are up to 6-8 ounces now July 4th weekend every year for the past few years. No one should poopoo what they do not know.
If you have to change the light schedual to make it flower it is NOT an autoflower strain. what im "poopooing" is the fact that it is not what it says it is. Y would the guy not have pride in his strain and call it what it is and state the actual getics? i dont trust any breeder who isnt proud of there gentics...

Yep,,AutoFlower means just that. Automaticly Flower.

The Iranian autoflowers outdoors regardless of the photoperiod; how else could you harvest outdoors in June and July without forcing? I usually do 2 plantings and harvests a year; one harvest in early July and one in August. My understanding is that it autoflowers indoors as well but slowly and the flowering response is weak, which greatly reduces yield so I didn't wait with mine and did them at 12-12. Yield was about a pound dry.

chemdawg said:
The Iranian autoflowers outdoors regardless of the photoperiod; how else could you harvest outdoors in June and July without forcing? I usually do 2 plantings and harvests a year; one harvest in early July and one in August. My understanding is that it autoflowers indoors as well but slowly and the flowering response is weak, which greatly reduces yield so I didn't wait with mine and did them at 12-12. Yield was about a pound dry.
outside doenst have 24/7 light..... if Iranian autoflower was autoflowering it could flower under 24/7 light..... but it cant..... outdoors gets about 18 hours of light tops, which is what is needed to flower them. Even if it a good strain, It only has autoflower in its name because the breeder doenst know what autoflowering means or its just a marketing scam. i just watched a guy on youtube grow them befor he took his vids down, and he was growing under 20/4 and they stayed in veg the whole time....

well i've tried to germinate 4 of theese so far with no luck. whats going on? two of them after a few weeks started to crack but nuthing more. very disappointing

Dr.Autoflower said:
outside doenst have 24/7 light..... if Iranian autoflower was autoflowering it could flower under 24/7 light..... but it cant..... outdoors gets about 18 hours of light tops, which is what is needed to flower them. Even if it a good strain, It only has autoflower in its name because the breeder doenst know what autoflowering means or its just a marketing scam. i just watched a guy on youtube grow them befor he took his vids down, and he was growing under 20/4 and they stayed in veg the whole time....

Sorry, you don't seem to understand the concept of light density versus light hours and flowering response. Any plant that flowers outdoors when the hours of daylight are increasing and the light is that dense is an autoflower. I harvest Iranian autos in June, July and August without forcing. Go back to reading your grow book Dr. Autoflower.

lol iranian autos are interesting. If i could grow outside i would probably grow these. Autos are not cloneable but keeping this strain under 24 hr light makes it possible to clone them and veg them till you introduce 18 hrs of light. But is that really autoflowering. I thought autos flower according to age not light. I would never grow this strain indoors when other strains only take 12 hrs to flower. So Im with dr auto this strain is photo sensitive . Just call it what it is, 18 hr wonder

chemdawg said:
Sorry, you don't seem to understand the concept of light density versus light hours and flowering response. Any plant that flowers outdoors when the hours of daylight are increasing and the light is that dense is an autoflower. I harvest Iranian autos in June, July and August without forcing. Go back to reading your grow book Dr. Autoflower.
I think its you who needs to do some research. how about try to grow them indoors under 24/7 light and see how much bud you get. i just watched a buddy try under 20/4 light and he had no luck and had to switch to 18/6. so it is not a full autoflower. If you actual read this thread you would know that outside it autoflowers fine becuz theres less then 18 hours light but it dont autoflower if its inside with 20/4 light or more. Grow experiments cant be done oudoors cuz you cant control the light there getting. if this doesnt make sense to you then you must not understand what autoflowers are susposed to do.

If it doesnt Flower Automaticly regardless of light density or hours of light,,then its not an Auto.

what does light density got to do with anything?
No matter the plant all of them have minimum light requirements. Never heard of it being a factor in flowering. less light=less yield no matter the strain. So why was it even brought up.
Also are you "the" chemdawg. Or just someone with a similar handle?

an auto that does not flower in 24/7 is simply not an auto. only way an indoors auto would 'yield about a pound per dry weight' is if it were grown on Mars by iranian liliputians.

Okay so now I know that basically the Iranian autos are not autos...if it does not flower under 24-0 light it is not an auto flower...period. So that explains why the yields can get so large...you can veg them for a long time at 24-0. Mystery solved I guess.

Hamster Lewis said:
Okay so now I know that basically the Iranian autos are not autos...if it does not flower under 24-0 light it is not an auto flower...period. So that explains why the yields can get so large...you can veg them for a long time at 24-0. Mystery solved I guess.

I'm with ya on that HL. had me dumbfounded the size and yield he was claiming. Even killer comm strains have trouble gettin those numbers.

chemdawg said:

Dude,
I guess you are a shill for the seedbank. I see you on every forum that I lurk on, and almost every thread you post on is in regards to Iranian autos. If you do a Google search, you are in almost every result, touting this strain. Also, you post the same pic, on almost every thread. Guess what??? The pic you post is the stock pic on the breeders site.

While I can see some use for the strain in outdoor grows, it is not an autoflower strain, nor should it be marketed as one. By marketing this strain as an autoflower, undermines the credibility of the breeder.

I for one will not be buying from a breeder that misinforms their customers.

As a newbie here, I would prefer not to step on any toes, but when it comes to honesty, I am usually pretty blunt. If I am wrong, I am also pretty quick to admit it. But I expect the same from others. We can get into a pizzing match, if you would like, but that is not my style. Now that I have stated my case, I will sit back and wait for someone to post a reasonable rebuttal proving that my argument is flawed. But until then, we will have to agree to disagree.

But what do I know???
I am just a hillbilly pot farmer

HomieHogleg

HomieHogleg said:
Dude,
I guess you are a shill for the seedbank. I see you on every forum that I lurk on, and almost every thread you post on is in regards to Iranian autos. If you do a Google search, you are in almost every result, touting this strain. Also, you post the same pic, on almost every thread. Guess what??? The pic you post is the stock pic on the breeders site.

While I can see some use for the strain in outdoor grows, it is not an autoflower strain, nor should it be marketed as one. By marketing this strain as an autoflower, undermines the credibility of the breeder.

As a newbie here, I would prefer not to step on any toes, but when it comes to honesty, I am usually pretty blunt. If I am wrong, I am also pretty quick to admit it. But I expect the same from others. We can get into a pizzing match, if you would like, but that is not my style. Now that I have stated my case, I will sit back and wait for someone to post a reasonable rebuttal proving that my argument is flawed. But until then, we will have to agree to disagree.

But what do I know???

HomieHogleg

Ahaha!! I like this guy. Mr chemdawg, you just got shi**ed on.

HomieHogleg said:
Dude,

But what do I know???

HomieHogleg
Nice... pwned-37722.jpg

I've grown it many times now. started from seeds in the ground it finishes outdoors in June, July, August without forcing. of course it's an auto. get real.

chemdawg said:
I've grown it many times now. started from seeds in the ground it finishes outdoors in June, July, August without forcing. of course it's an auto. get real.
yeah cause in those months theres 24 hours of light right?

Latest posts

Back