Analyze Trichome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.GreenThumb

*The Sinsemilla Sheik*
Reaction score
I'm getting to the stage where I would like to start viewing trichome's. I have viewed the chart, but my question is how is the best technique? Do I hold the microscope up to the plant (tryig to hold it really still) or can I cut a piece of leaf from the bud and look at that? Any suggestions?

whats up doc. i would try and do it without cutting the leaves. do you have the radio shack microscope? i myself have a jewelers loop. i have seen people on some of the forums that cut the leaves to check though.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
whats up doc. i would try and do it without cutting the leaves. do you have the radio shack microscope? i myself have a jewelers loop. i have seen people on some of the forums that cut the leaves to check though.

I do have the radioshack 60-100x model, I just am not sure how steady I can be and if I can get a good look.

On second thought as often as I would like to look at them, I would do alot of cutting. I'm going to try and look at them while on the plant and see how that goes. Might take some practice but think it will pay off.
For thoes who do not have this saved already.

when-to-harvest.jpg

Doc if you can ever come across a jewelers loop pick it up. you can get them for like $6 or more. IMO they work better and you dont have to cut leaves.

Latest posts

Back