Animals that can be pests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
I ran a bunch of searches, and aside from bugs and deer, couldnt find a thread that already talked about this. Just trying to think ahead, and be prepared. This is my first grow, so I'd hate for some little bastard to destroy my yield or plants just because I wasn't prepared for it.
Question being, what types of animals are attracted to, and could damage plants? Where I live, it is possible, and have seen the following in my back yard.
Cats, squirrels, many kinds of birds, opossums, rats, and mice. Any words of advise of what to watch out for? Thanks in advance. If need be I could build a screened cage around them. Just not experienced to know what could be harmful.

Right on, I'll have to keep an eye on them. I don't have a cat. They rarely, but once in a while venture into my yard, but the dog usually scares them off. Though our dog is on the side of the yard opposite the plants. Mainly the wild animals at night is what worries me, cause the dogs inside and cant run them off.

rats, mice, deer, elk, people, cattle, horses, sheep, goats, people, dogs, foxs, bears, moles, people, rabbits, skunk, 'coon, people,.....

Hick said:
rats, mice, deer, elk, people, cattle, horses, sheep, goats, people, dogs, foxs, bears, moles, people, rabbits, skunk, 'coon, people,.....

:yeahthat:

notice how Hick said "people" twice:aok:

Hick said:

LOL--I think that would be 4 times, 4u....

HAHAHA!!! Thanks for the feed back :aok:

i planted a couple yrs back around alot of old rotting logs and timber and found out the hard way about termites

I lost 2 plots due to the lil b@#$!@# it happened so fast there werent any signs other then me coming out and finding a couple plants laying on the ground as i examined them i noticed the stem looked almost like a beaver ate it

so i started diggin around in the soil a little bit and about an inch or so down i found the lil white devils.....

slugs, caterpillars, other insects as well

sevendust has always worked well for me if needed

4U, I am trying to figure out if you did a little too much wake-n-bake or not enough. :p

Well, if he smoked 2 joints before he smoked 2 joints, only to smoke 2 more, I could see why he is all about the number 2.

I have my plants in pots outdoors, not directly in the earth. So far only bugs I've noticed are green lace leafs, and ladybugs, which are good. A few spiders too. Mainly I was wondering about opossums and rodents because I've seen them out and about the last couple nights. As far as previous years with the vegetable garden, something always seems to get to the sweet stuff right before it's ripe. Either birds or rodents. Just threw this question out there wondering if I should be concerned with my MJ plants as things progress.

This is like Family Feud without the sleezy MC. Survey says: People.

I dont know if its been mentioned yet but the single greatest danger to outdoor crops IMO is people.

dman1234 said:
I dont know if its been mentioned yet but the single greatest danger to outdoor crops IMO is people.

Yeah, I'm hearing that more and more.

Latest posts

Back