Another first grow!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misty

Reaction score
Hi,

Have enjoyed browsing this forums so I thought I would contribute with my first test that I did not expect to work but seems to be a good WIP: Let me know your thoughts!!

These have been growing for approx 4 weeks now and Im sorry about them being in the same pot but I was not expecting these results lol

They are now approx 1 ft, have stems protrouding from the internodes and they are very stinky - should I flower them?

Hope you like!!

NEWNEW 003 (Small).jpg

NEWNEW 005 (Small).jpg

NEWNEW 006 (Small).jpg

NEWNEW 001 (Small).jpg

hey! welcome to mp!!
You should be really carefull changing them from pots and wait till you see pre-flower after that you put them to flower(if you want to)!!!!
What your set -up????

difference_male_female.jpg

maleinflowering.jpg

Preflowers1-female.jpg

misty said:
Hi,

Have enjoyed browsing this forums so I thought I would contribute with my first test that I did not expect to work but seems to be a good WIP: Let me know your thoughts!!

These have been growing for approx 4 weeks now and Im sorry about them being in the same pot but I was not expecting these results lol

They are now approx 1 ft, have stems protrouding from the internodes and they are very stinky - should I flower them?

Hope you like!!
Hello misty. Welcome to MP. Your plants are looking great other than having more than 1 plant per pot. In the future remember 1 plant per pot. I would wait until you see alternating nodes before you put them into flower. This is a sign that your plant is mature and ready.

Hey nice to meet ya....good to see another new journal :cool:

Happy Growing
LL

Hello everyone!!

Thanks for the comments. I know I should have them in seperate pots but the story is:

I had 2 seeds. Chucked 1 in a pot with another house plant and the other in another pot. Totally forgot about them and suddenly realised they had sprouted. I thought this was a bit of luck so took the shoots and put them in the only pot I had available thinking 1, if not both would die.

Anyway, 4 weeks later, after they have been growing on my window sill (!!) this is what they have turned out like.

I am too scared to seperate them as they are too big and may get root shock etc so considoring they seem to like the environment they are in I am going to simply transplant the whole lot to a massive pot I have and hope for the best.

As I say, I was not expecting them to turn out like this and if they survive and turn into ladies then I shall be more then happy.

Fingers crossed and I shall keep you updated on this bizaare project!!

Hey misty, we all make mistakes, nothin to worry about. The real risk is that with 2 plants in one pot you'll have 1 female and 1 male, which means you need to keep on a close eye out for balls, and when you see 'em, get rid of 'em! Good luck and keep us posted ;)

mf.jpg

Hi,

Thx for the comments! As soon as I can recognise what sex they are and if any of them are males, they die.

Looks quite easy to tell the diff between m/f - Ill prob ask nearer the time on here for some advice but fingers crossed they will keep growing and survive!!

I cannot describe how much they stink though at the moment!!

Some more pics later!!

watch for those balls and snip, snip, snip! good luck!
Hey! I didn't know Ernie smoked pot......:D

Hi again!!

GDG - Ernie has to keep it quiet as he's on kids TV ;O)!!!
Trust me the fellows will be castrated if they grow any kind of balls lol

Anyway, a little update for you. Not much development, a few more inches in height, the new leaves sprouting from the nodes(?) are starting to show themselves to be nice new leaves, odour is a lot more "dense" and is causing grief with my hayfever!!

How do you think they are looking?

Misty :O)

NEWNEWnew 002 (Small).jpg

NEWNEWnew 005 (Small).jpg

NEWNEWnew 006 (Small).jpg

Hello misty. Your soon to be ladies are looking great. That's right i said ladies. ;) I'm giving you some GREEN MOJO. They look like they are loved for sure. Great job.

Hi,

For some reason I have a feeling these will be ladies - dont know why, parents gut feeling I suppose!!

TBH they are very little work - I water them every couple of days or so and just leave them on my sill all day. Im lucky my place is south facing so they are getting light from approx 04:30//05:00 until about 21:30//22:00.

They seem to be loving the Mojo you sent them!!

Misty

would one of the "gods" please help this person :D explain the whole lighting thing and all, looking good Misty!!! Keep up the Green Mojo!!!

Hey misty, those plants are lookin happy&healthy.

One thing you might want to think about though is when you put those plants in flowering (12/12 light cycle), they will need 12 hours of complete darkness during the 12 hour 'lights off' period. This is what makes window sill growing tricky, because you need to maintain that 12 hours of complete darkness or you run the risk have having your ladies turn hermie on ya in the middle of flowering.

Anyway, looks to me like you are still a little ways off from flowering, so this is just something to think about, not something to worry about, the plants are lookin great. Good luck and keep us posted :D

Hey Misty heres some "balls" I just recently dealt with...hope it helps! :D You really can't miss them IMO

80515872_253343112_0.jpg

Hi All,

GDG - I understand the part about lights but as I say, this was has taken off a bit faster then I thought and so my next run will be under proper conditions!!

Insane - I have a nice big cupboard that is ready for my babies to go into when the time is right. Im going to flower them 7am to 7pm to allow for work times. In the cupboard overnight and back to the sill for the daytime.

What im not sure on is when to put them into flower!!!

cheers Misty

Misty....You will want to put them into flower once they are sexually mature. You know this by alternating nodes, I will put a link of a pic of alternating nodes for ya down below. Alternating nodes is a sign of sexual maturity, also watch out for those pre-flowers...I hope you get a nice lady for you to love, nuture, chop down, and SMIZZZOKE! Good luck with ur grow!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2026

This link should help...Alternating Nodes are when the new shoots grow in a Alternate pattern not directly even with each other...Hope this helps!

IMO I think it would be best to find a place where they can be for 24/7 on a 12/12 lighting schedule. I believe it would be pretty stressful on a flowering plant to be moved around. Just use that cupboard, buy a light and timer to go in there. Good luck. :)

Nice looking plant Girl oh and kindbud my
bro has a great sex thing in the outdoors
section! Peace out

A quick update:

The bigger of the 2 is now at bigger then the bamboo holding it up by about 2 inches!! The bamboo is 50 cms long so plant is now bigger then 50cms!

An interesting development is I think its started to pre flower.

At one of the nodes with the new leaves I have noticed a very small light looking "hair" appearing. At the moment this is only about 2 mm in length so still early to tell but fingers crossed its a she :O)

The hair looks like this pic, only smaller but without the sac at the moment.

Any ideas?

0fempreflwr775.JPG

Congradulations on the girl!!!..:D

Latest posts

Back