Another first grow!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Misty. In a few weeks your gonna have some nice little buds on them ladies. ;)

Hi everyone!!

Been a few days since was last here so thought Id show you my development!

We are a couple of days away from 3 weeks into flowering and:

Big changes, loads of buds, getting nice and fat now, frost developing, buds everywhere (!), plants have taken on a really nice aroma - smells a bit like coffee??? The pollen sacs are starting to bulge and im thinking everything is sweet!!

Again, thanks for putting up with me and thanks for the advice!!

Small2.jpg

Small1.jpg

small3.jpg

close.JPG

misty the ladies are looking great and yes those buds are starting to fill right out. You are doing a great job. ;)

I saw a few yellowing fan leaves on your plant. In my grows i usually pull the yellowing leaves(Carefully) I think yellowing spreads yellowing so i always yank 'em. There might be a difference in opinion with some people so im not sure.

Hi,

Brothers I am quite chuffed/surprised with they way they have turned out considering. The last picture really shows how well they are actually doing! I think it was the GREEN MOJO you sent me lol

Mysterious - I do pull the leaves when they are ready to go. I just give them a gentle tug and if they come away then I remove them, if not they stay on until ready to drop off!

Cant wait to harvest but am a long way off yet :)

Hey Misty, now you see why this is so much fun :D Your lady looks very happy today, yea! Now comes the boring spell (at least for me) Wait, wait, wait....... what type of light are you using by the way? Oh and I do the same thing to yellowing fan leaves. They'll dry up and fall off when the plant has no more use for them. IMO if you were to pull them or cut them off, the plant will direct its energy to healing itself first when it doesn't need to instead of flowering. Yellow does't breed yellow, at least in this case. Do you happen to know the strain?

Hi GDG,

Thanks for the comments lol Strain is unknown as is bag seed - was from a very nice batch tho ;)

Im growing them using nothing other then sunlight, but indoors. No other light involved. At night, they go into my cupboard and go to sleep and wake up all sexy lol

The biggest problem I discovered so far was the issue of the 12/12. I put them in my cupboard at 7pm maybe 730pm and wake them up at the same at the same AM. Only I forgot about weekends lol Getting up at 7am on Saturday morning is not fun ;) No lay in for misty. Good time to smoke and crash out again tho lol

When I next grow I will get a proper set up and hopefully I can use clones from these as they seem to be a nice grow.

Its been a great experience so far and hopefully ill get a nice present at the end of it!!

What kind of yield do you reckon I will get? Big plant is 3.5 feet tall and little one about 2.5 / 3 feet?

Happy growing everyone!!

Hey Misty...Looks like your grow is going good! After reading your post I just wanted to make sure you were clear on one thing....IMHO or at least from what I have read the time to clone your plant may have passed. I am pretty sure that you are not supposed to clone during 12/12 in fear of making your plant go "Hermie"...I also think I read that you can harvest your plant without killing it and then re-veg it and once the new growth shoots appear you can clone those and keep her as your mother plant. You definitely want to get more advice on this but I wanted to make sure you were headed in the right direction. As far as yield I cant help you (my first grow is in 12/12 now), I would assume you could get at least a couple of ounces of plants those size. Also just make sure you are dedicated with your light schedule you dont want to get wasted and sleep in on a Saturday and leave your plants in darkness for 18 hours:eek: (I did that before I got my HPS and tried to flower manually...luckily it was only the 2nd day so I re-vegged them and now have them under an HPS in my flower room)...Anyhow I have blabbered enough...Good Luck on your grow:D

Hello,

Strange you say that, 1st time today I slept in, missed wake up by 1.5 hrs :O( they dont seem to mind tho.

I was going to try and clone after they flowered. Would not try it now no way lol

No harm in trying eh!!

wow - 2ozs was not expecting that, fingers crossed then. Would be happy with half oz after its dried lol

By the way are you using any nutes??? The girls would really benefit from them! I was thinking that the yellowing of leaves and light green appearance of your plants could be a defiencey...Also I am not totally sure if 1.5 hours of extra flowering time is a problem just once but I know you dont want to make a habit of it. You dont want to deal with "Hermies"...I would also recommend that you reveg your mother plant before talking clones...IMHO...Anyhow good luck!

Hi,

Not using any nutes as want it to be "organic" lol I didnt quite expect to get the results I have so far considering my "set-up" this as this has been total luck so far.

The plants are not so light green as in the pics as my cam is broken from dropping it :(

I know i have mad lots of mistakes but I have learnt so much that my next grow should hopefully be nice as this has given me the bug lol

Enjoy ~:O)

very nice bud!:D
i guess you caint wait till harvest!! smoking your own homegrown bud!!!
thats something to remember!;)

Hi,

Quick weekly update for you all.

Now into 3 weeks 3 days flower and as you can see from the blurry pic, the bud is everywhere! Been developing quite fast this week if you compare to last weeks pics.

The last 2 days they dont seem to be showing so much - is this normal??

Im not sure if they have suddenly slowed down or not so any advice here would be great.

Have decided to get some "bloom" nutes this week to see if that may help things along.

Also, I do need to transplant them but I think I may be too late :confused:

Hope you like the new pics anyway!!

Enjoy :)

Smalltop.jpg

Smallplanttop.jpg

Bigtopsmall.jpg

BlurSmall.jpg

close.JPG

Slowed down???maybe or maybe not but the nutes might do very well on the girls!

they look nice those buds looks tasty already!!

BTW what nutes do you think of buying???

What are you wanting to transplant them into? And what are they in now?

Your ladies are looking great Misty. I can start to see some frost building up. :D When you get your bloom nutes be careful not to over fert as it is very easy to do. ;)

Hi again,

Thanks for all your comments - all are appreciated!

Ok, I thought the plants had slowed their growth or even stopped as everyday there has been noticable changes until the last 3 days of last week - appears my ladies may have been getting a well earned rest!

Since Sunday they have gone crazy. The crystals have really grown. You can see them sticking out of the edges of the leaves by about 2/3mm and are mushroom shaped. The buds have taken on a really nice white look - a bit like a frost in the morning and now they smell really nice.

I have some of the biggest "sacs" I have ever seen forming - they are really bulging and look ready to explode (nice long white hairs poking out) and its so tempting to pick some off to taste. Have to keep telling myself NO!!

I decided against the transplant to a new pot. I have approx 3.5 weeks of flower left and would rather get some produce then transplant and they die. I have learnt a valuable lesson - BIG POTS from the beginning. I thought 10" by 10" (WxD) would be good enough - lol ;)

Got myself some Tree of Life Super Bloom nutes - they are rated p-k 13-14 and have added approx half the recommended does - probably less then half to see what happens. I started this on Sunday and have only added the one small dose.

TBG - thanks for the advice on the nutes - have had a long read of everything and have taken note.

Will update with some pics prob on the weekend with the development.

Happy Growing Everyone

You are doing a fantastic job misty..:)

Hey Misty, those girls are starting to look awefully tasty :D Great job!

Latest posts

Back