Another heat issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedCold

Reaction score
I purchased a 265 CFM blower recently, hoping it would solve my lack of ventilation problem, but it has failed. I was wondering the reason, and the only thing I could come up with was that my hood on the HPS is open on the sides, and heat escapes out all sides and rises as well as is pushed down from the light. Is there anyway to fix this problem with a DIY touch on my hood, or should I seal off the room almost completely, and hope the temperatures don't go above 93 levels, which they are at currently with the blower....

4X3X8 = grow area
400 HPS light

Give me something please!!

You need to s.uck the air from a conditioned space bring that in low. Then out the top you need to have a exhaust to your attic our outside the grow room.

So am I better off using my blower to pull the hot air out, or attaching one end to the A/C vent and ******* it into the closet area, and just letting it vent out the top. I have no attic above me, I can't do any physical alterations at my location because I'll be moving within a year, and my setup is legit, minus this one MAJOR problem.

Yes just blow the air out of the room. It will cause enough of a vacum so **** the fresh cool air in.

Thus far, small alterations seem to be working. I have my closet, which is tarped off, rolled off the ground about 12 inches, with the Squirrel Cage almost swallowing the HPS light bulb inside the reflector wing. I placed a fan at the foot clearance under the tarp and its blowing in fresh air, and pushing the hot air into the duct work attached to the blower. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back