another newbe question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeydean

Reaction score
after they germinate how long do i need too leavr them in the clone dome? when can i uncover them... i open it a couple times a day so it can get fresh air :headbang2:

I do not use a dome when sprouting from seeds, just when I clone.

I would keep giving them air longer each time till you can remove the cover completely.

I agree PC, I don't use a dome over my seedlings but if I did it would only be for a few days. :)

I take my humidity dome off ater most of the seedlings come up.

mikeydean you might want to go into Mandalaseeds.com and read what they say about germinating seeds. I do it the way they suggest and no problems yet. Green mojo to you.

i germinated in a zip lock bag in paper towel no problems then i ut them in the rockwool cubes and set inside my northern lights Bloom Box. they are up and still covered untill i get to them...lol... thanks still need guidence though :D

Domes are for clones IMO as well.....never used them when running from seed.

I don't dome seeds either -- as soon as I see green they go under a light -- they start at 300 watts and as they harden to the light I raise the wattage until they are vedging under 600w of MH -- green mojo, my friend

Peace

I dome them till they grow the first set of true leaves (not the cotyledon's but the leaf lookin leaves that open right after the primarys). I also have flouro's as close as possible on them 24/o, that way when their up and out, the lowlight lumens are immediately available to them, a lil computer fan to help strengthen them (along with pipe cleaner supports:) ) and you'll be golden. Now I know light's not essential for seedlings to pop but I like it for the additional heat (as low as it is) as well...

7greeneyes said:
I dome them till they grow the first set of true leaves (not the cotyledon's but the leaf lookin leaves that open right after the primarys). I also have flouro's as close as possible on them 24/o, that way when their up and out, the lowlight lumens are immediaely available to them, a lil computer fan to help strengthen them (along with pipe cleaner supports:) ) and you'll be golden. Now I know light's not essential for seedlings to pop but I like it for the additional heat (as low as it is) as well...
this is the kind of plan simple stuff i can understand thanks

mikeydean said:
this is the kind of plan simple stuff i can understand thanks

no prob;), Bob, err...mikeydean. Now, giddyup!

Latest posts

Back