Another Promix-Advanced nutrient question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few of the more advanced plants (4) were in soil, so likely low pH for them, but seems to be affecting all, just didn't look like fade

I guess so. Didn't see that. My plants don't do that. Wonder what you are doing different than me.
One thing, I didn't know about putting perlite at bottom, don't know if that is it or not.

A few of the more advanced plants (4) were in soil, so likely low pH for them, but seems to be affecting all, just didn't look like fade
That is not fade. Cal/mag is certainly deficient with no more than you are adding. Looks like a combination of several things. How often do you add phosphorous and potassium?

Your problem didn't occur over night....been coming on for awhile.

If you are using connoisseur a and b that should prevent it but how often do you feed and what amount per gal?
I make sure they are getting dry by feeling of weight, then water. Nutes everytime, about everyother day, sometimes less, sometimes to run off appears.

Advanced Nutrients connoisseur A+B, both veg and flower.

Also use BigBud, Nirvana, cal mag, Ancient Earth, overdrive, sensizym, and Bud Candy as directed during the cycle.

Bubba

I don't use Ancient Earth or sensizym. I do use Rhino Skin and B 52.....Connoisseur in flower only. To expensive to use in veg. Try Age Old Grow and Bloom. Much less expensive and works fine in veg. I also use molasses instead of Carbo Load.

Whoops forgot about B52, also use that. I still wonder if lack of perlite at bottom played any role. Problem also occurred with 4 plants that were still in Ocean Forest.

Takeaways, be near as I can figure, shouldn't have raised ph, although problem occurred with 5.4- 5.8 nute ph. Add perlite to bottom of pots next time, add more cal mag, I guess every feeding.

Also raised lights and reduced power to about 85%. Oh well, just a couple few more weeks

Bubba

Whoops forgot about B52, also use that. I still wonder if lack of perlite at bottom played any role. Problem also occurred with 4 plants that were still in Ocean Forest.

Takeaways, be near as I can figure, shouldn't have raised ph, although problem occurred with 5.4- 5.8 nute ph. Add perlite to bottom of pots next time, add more cal mag, I guess every feeding.

Also raised lights and reduced power to about 85%. Oh well, just a couple few more weeks

Bubba
Could be part of the problem. But I think it was from a lack of cal/mag. Perlite at the bottom helps keeps roots from root rot.

If you are using connoisseur a and b that should prevent it but how often do you feed and what amount per gal?
Missed this one, 3 teaspoons per gallon, about every other day or so. Should be about 15 ml per gallon, or a tad more.

I put a cheap ec meter in, almost 1800 when using all the listed stuff. I just mixed a batch with 2 tsp instead of 3 per pallon, and added the calmag.

When I give water I include molasses 1/2 tbs, cal/ mag 7 1/2 mil and Epsom salt 10 mil all per gal. All are included with nutes as well. Stick with me and I will get you dialed in counselor....😇

When I give water I include molasses 1/2 tbs, cal/ mag 7 1/2 mil and Epsom salt 10 mil all per gal. All are included with nutes as well. Stick with me and I will get you dialed in counselor....😇
Mixing as we speak boss!!!

Don't have molasses, what brand do you use? I assume organic of some sort. In mean time, bud candy until molasses arrives.Bubba

7.5 ml I believe is about 1 1/2 teaspoons. My cal mag is advanced nutrients as well. I do have Epsom salts for cleaning glass pipes, so good there.

Bubba

I use 7 1/2 mil/gal. Rotate water nute water nute. So the get nutes every 6 days. Thinking you are over feeding.
Rut roh. I think I have been overnuting! I have been using 15-16 ml per gallon on the A and B nutes, and nutes every time. Add that to takeaway list. I think that may be it?

Too much nutes can cause lock outs, right?

Bubba

Unsulphured Brer Rabbit but having a hard time finding it. Most any unsulphured will work. However I have been experimenting with molasses made specifically for plants. Hi Brix it is cheaper and easier to use.....you will understand if you try both.

Latest posts

Back