Another Promix-Advanced nutrient question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rut roh. I think I have been overnuting! I have been using 15-16 ml per gallon on the A and B nutes, and nutes every time. Add that to takeaway list. I think that may be it?

Too much nutes can cause lock outs, right?

Bubba
You are burning them to the ground....wow!

That is a big part of your problem.
These were the special recommendations on their site. I guess they are in the business of selling product! LOL.

Next few waterings will be ph'd water with a touch of cal mag.

Thanks,

Bubba

Rut roh. I think I have been overnuting! I have been using 15-16 ml per gallon on the A and B nutes, and nutes every time. Add that to takeaway list. I think that may be it?

Too much nutes can cause lock outs, right?

Bubba
Ouch.😳

Don't think that is a ph issue.
While nutes were too high, and a few other things discussed here off, they are now corrected.

Scouting this site as well as the interwebs, I am starting to think this may be a virus....

Searched testing outfits, one I needed to buy a kit north of 30k! Others seemed to cater to licensed grows.

Anyone know of testing facilities that cater to home grows that don't cost as much as a car.

Bubba

That is most certainly a nutrient issue exacerbated by pH issues. You've locked out K. Lower that pH by running pH 5.6 water only through the pots until runoff. Let them dry out and feed at a lower rate when it's time.

Viroids, specifically Hop Latent Viroid, will express itself much differently than what you're seeing. Remember, just because a plant isn't expressing HLV symptoms does NOT mean that it isn't infected. Testing is the only way to know for sure, and if you're running anything, or handing out clones it is the RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO.

I've found HLV is pretty darn easy to spot in a plant that is expressing symptoms. Look for plants with weak stems, smaller than average leafs (not always a determining factor), lots of horizontal growth and stunted lateral/vertical growth.

When GMO talks you should listen.
I'm listening to both! Lights don't come on until 7 30, will it hurt to put them in a room to drain that isn't lite, but not dark by any means. Or wait until lights on?
Bubba

Viroids, specifically Hop Latent Viroid, will express itself much differently than what you're seeing. Remember, just because a plant isn't expressing HLV symptoms does NOT mean that it isn't infected. Testing is the only way to know for sure, and if you're running anything, or handing out clones it is the RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO.

I've found HLV is pretty darn easy to spot in a plant that is expressing symptoms. Look for plants with weak stems, smaller than average leafs (not always a determining factor), lots of horizontal growth and stunted lateral/vertical growth.
Thinking it would be a good thing to put this testing into my grow routine. I need to eliminate whatever any problems are.

I did just switch from soil, I expected some growing pains. Also I usually grow one strain at a time, and this time have 2 tents, 3 strains in one, and 5 in another. They all react differently to some degree. Collecting 5 gallon carboys to pH as you said and do some flushing.

Input MUCH appreciated!

Bubba

I think you're on the right track. I've not grown I'm coco but have seen lots of growers either struggle or have wild success. Guess it's the same as any other medium -- you've gotta spend time finessing and getting things dialed in to see the desired results.

You'll get it. Don't get discouraged (seems like you're on the right track with this, too!)

Its coming along, its close to the end of cycle anyway. I should have improved results with the next throw.
Cant wait to climb the learning curve of your aeroponic grower. I have the parts, using this Promix is getting my hydro feet wet a bit so maybe that will be easier. I'm used to soil and promix is similar in some ways, and altogether different in others.

Thanks again,

Bubba

Its coming along, its close to the end of cycle anyway. I should have improved results with the next throw.
Cant wait to climb the learning curve of your aeroponic grower. I have the parts, using this Promix is getting my hydro feet wet a bit so maybe that will be easier. I'm used to soil and promix is similar in some ways, and altogether different in others.

Thanks again,

Bubba
At least in the ProMix other are doing the same....not many if any on here use coco.

I have never done coco either, I considered it, but then decided to build gmo's aero tote. Then before I got it together, I bought some bags of Promix and will see how that works. I knew a few here used it with great results so here I am. Apparently, I have nute burned some leaves here. Flushing away.

Ok took a minute to flush 16 buckets but they are done and seem to appreciate the straight ph'd RO water. Now wait for the Promix to dry

Bubba

After reading every post in this thread, there’s only two things that I can bring to the table that may help. Pro mix is completely inert and has absolutely nothing in it other than beneficial fungus, and a little bit of perlite suspended in the spagnum peat…Secondly, Cal mag needs to be given to your plants every time you feed them and you will not have the problems that that leaf is exhibiting… after you flush out the over abundant nutrients in your plant and then begin feeding it properly. I think you’ll be very surprised at how nice they will look.

Latest posts

Back