another question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

username812

Reaction score
sorry about all the questions/concerns, but the larger of the two seedlings seems to be getting weaker as the day goes on, please tell me im being impatient and its nothing to worry about.

username812 said:
sorry about all the questions/concerns, but the larger of the two seedlings seems to be getting weaker as the day goes on, please tell me im being impatient and its nothing to worry about.

Not enough info to correctly answer...
Give some more info, weak as in? leaves drooping? wilting? curling? turning yellow? growing tall and slinder real flimsy like?
Help me help you.
DFG

im sorry i shouldve re-read that before posting, its the stem thats getting weak, right near the bottom, i started a journal if you need anymore info. the ph is around 6.7

username812 said:
im sorry i shouldve re-read that before posting, its the stem thats getting weak, right near the bottom, i started a journal if you need anymore info. the ph is around 6.7

Hi,
Some of your problem was probably due to lack of watering which I discussed in your other thread I am new to this site so throw me a link to your journal.
You need to put a fan on them and if no nutrients are in the soil you should start adding some.
I explained in the other thread about how to use some horse manure to start out with. You can use other ferts with the manure just dont over due it.
Once you start adding ferts to your soil( I am meaning fertilizer not organic material) it will raise your ph because of the acids in the ferts.
Lime will help you adjust your ph levels but sometimes takes a little time to work.
I get calcified lime pellets and dissolve in my water for feedings.
DFG

i should start adding them this early? its only been 5 days.

username812 said:
i should start adding them this early? its only been 5 days.

No I would use the manure now then go with whatever ferts you choose later on.
The manure will help it out alot.
I dont add any ferts until around the 2nd-3rd week but I use manure from the start.
DFG

how about worm castings or some kind of guano, i live in the city so there arent many stables in my area

Kickstart by Grotek is my favorite seedling/young plant fert. I use it on all my seedlings, and it works great. If you live in a city you shouldn't have any trouble finding it in a local hydroponic gardening store or just a regular gardening store.

how long should it take for the plant to recover after underwatering?

username812 said:
how long should it take for the plant to recover after underwatering?

Guano is excellent also.
Organic keeps your strains pure and doesnt weaken them over time due to the chemicals of modern ferts.
Shouldnt take more than 3-5 days for it to green back up just keep checking the soil if its dry fingernail deep you should spray it.
Spraying is just dampening the soil, watering is soaking the soil there is a difference soon you will get a schedule going and wont have to wonder when and how much.
Alot comes from just time and experience and even people telling you things to help you wont ever get you as far as trial and error.
DFG

thanks, i was starting to worry about it still leaning over, ill try to be more patient

Latest posts

Back