Ant's Ant's Help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
I would like to know if any one has had ant's in there plants? i transplanted my plants and there was like a nest of ant's but my plants are healthy, what can i do to get rid of them?will they hurt the grow:watchplant::confused:have a safe day

MY GRANDKIDS VISIT 036.jpg

MY GRANDKIDS VISIT 037.jpg

Some ants will attack a plant I know "fire ants" will and I am sure others will also. But then some ants won't. If your worried about go buy some Diatomceous Earth(spelling?) and place about a 1/4" layer over your soil that will take care of them and no harm to your plant...take care..

Sir_Tokie said:
Some ants will attack a plant I know "fire ants" will and I am sure others will also. But then some ants won't. If your worried about go buy some Diatomceous Earth(spelling?) and place about a 1/4" layer over your soil that will take care of them and no harm to your plant...take care..
thank you for your input but you still didn't
answer if they hurt the plant they are very small ant's

Ants get stuck in your buds and die. They will also attach your beneficial insect in your garden. I have ants right now also and I am bombing my garden weekly with safe bug bombs to get rid of the ants and the other bugs. When the ants killed my ladybugs the spidermites and white flies got out of hand.

grama42 said:
thank you for your input but you still didn't
answer if they hurt the plant they are very small ant's
Yes grama42 I said some ants will hurt them I know fire ants will as I'm sure others will but without knowing what kind of ants you have then this is the best answer I could come up with for you. Fire ants destroyd a plant of mine before. On the other hand if they are not harmful ants then maybe they will serve a good purpose by tunneling holes through your soil allowing extra oxygen to reach your root zone:D...take care..

Sir_Tokie said:
Yes grama42 I said some ants will hurt them I know fire ants will as I'm sure others will but without knowing what kind of ants you have then this is the best answer I could come up with for you. Fire ants destroyd a plant of mine before. On the other hand if they are not harmful ants then maybe they will serve a good purpose by tunneling holes through your soil allowing extra oxygen to reach your root zone:D...take care..
thank you thats what i wanted to hear i just have to water more cause they do dry out faster and now i know why be safe

.."some" ants are known to farm aphids for their sweet secretion. Aphids 'are' harmful.
I've never heard of beneficial ants.. I'd get rid of them.. IMO.
I'm thinking Diotamaceous earth would do the trick ;)

Latest posts

Back