Ants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
Just noticed some little black ants in my space. Should I be concerned?:eek:

Nope be ants in my room all to time never realy caused any grief fur me.

BWD

I would recommend that you get rid of them because ants use aphids like cattle and could become a problem.

When my wifes ants come visitin I go fishin. But really if I had ants anywhere in the house I'd try to git rid of em, especially in my grow area. Thats just me though.

Get a product called Combat Gel at the hardware store, home depot, lowes etc. It's an ant bait in gel form. Comes as a large plastic syringe. Just push out a few drops where the ants are active. Leave the ants alone - don't kill them. Let the ants feed on the gel. The ants will carry it back to nest, share with all and that's the end of it. Takes about 3 to 5 days to work. Works great! When you have ants in your house it usually indicates a satellite nest within the house! The satellite nest is collecting food and moving it outside to the mother nest.

Ants farm aphids to healthy plants. If you have ants, kill them before its a problem. Just dealt with some in our flower bed outside moving aphids from affected plants to unaffected plants.

THANKS Hipster!! I've been fighting ants since well before my grows and have yet to find a way to fully eradicate them!

I have used that gel stuff in my garage, it worked well.

Sorry be bit misleadin soundin to yual friend would pear these here inteligent folks be havin issues with ants be mighty troublesome may I just says that I have had ants in my room and they never seem to cause me any grief is all but sounds like i just be luck from nows on be swattin them dead as I be seein them cause I aint to be havin any problems with them. Sorry to have mis informed pilgrem. Good luck yur pouch fillin.

BWD

Ants are bad mojo in a grow, no question. Look for diatomaceous earth at most any garden store. Its a totally inert (and cheap) powder-looking stuff that is death to crawling bugs. Its ground up fossilized rock which acts as tiny razor blades to bug bodies. Its also used in swimming pool filters as a coating inside the filter unit.

If they are in your soil alittle dawn soap in the water when you flood can drown 'em.

Latest posts

Back