Any guesses -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkap

Reaction score
FDC40B29-8A0B-4849-B25A-A6383D9E7DEB.jpeg
Hello
I am in week 5 of the veg stage of my first grow - one of my plants seems to be a little sick - here is a leaf from the plant - I looked at the chart listed in the forum but can’t figure out which one this most resembles- I guess i need a trained eye - with some experience this will come -
Any guesses??

Can you give us some more info.
Like what medium and Ferts your using. How often you water and feed. What is the PH of your run off if growing in soil,or PH of your solution if growing in Hydroponics.
They look nute burnt to me but without more info its hard to say.

Yes I should have given more information- learning every day -
The water has a Ph out of the tap of 6.8
Well water - only softened to below 50ppm
Growing in soil (Fox Farm Ocean )
Every other watering use Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big.
Also , using a small amount of molasses.1 Tbs per G.
They are on 18hrs of light -
75 - 77 degrees
50-60 percent humidity

For prevention -
Spray one week with Trifecta (crop controll)
The next week with Serenade
I am going to start to give them silica .
All sprayed before bed time .

I removed the big discolored leafs and sprayed with Cal Mag - thinking soft well water lacks Mag ? The plant seems to be responding well - my other plants are looking good - so it’s a little bit of a mystery...

Any Advice regarding my feeding or any other growing details is much appreciated-
This forum is the best - so much expert information-

Attachments

• 4D78A564-6211-4941-A781-43D42E73F383.jpeg
    4D78A564-6211-4941-A781-43D42E73F383.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 21
  • E7564538-77BE-432E-AF02-8E128608306A.jpeg
    E7564538-77BE-432E-AF02-8E128608306A.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 35FC7394-8EC2-4F54-B6BA-C90AE7950349.jpeg
    35FC7394-8EC2-4F54-B6BA-C90AE7950349.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 19
Glad you gave it some Magnesium because that was my next thought.

Was it the correct thing to remove the sick big leafs?

I remove leaves with necrotic spots but if its just 1 or 2 fairly small spots i iay leave them. Be careful adding extra nutes when growing in soil that has already been amended for growing. Most bag soil as you are using just need water in the beginning.

I generally do not remove damaged leaves. When the plant is through with them, it drops them. I do usually give damaged leaves a gentle little tug to see if they will release, but I don't cut them off or pull them off if they do not come gently. Some of this damage looks like it could simply be nutrient water splashing on the lower leaves. Your plant is so bushy and compact that some splashing on the lower foliage is inevitable.

I don't understand the statement about your well water--only softened to below 50 PPM? In general, you are not going to want to water with softened water, at all. There is a reason that outside hose bibs and kitchen cold water supply are not (generally) soft water beyond the cost of the salt--it contains high amounts of sodium--something not good for either humans or plants. Do you have an outside hose bib or yard hydrant that is connected before the softener? I would advise getting this water tested and if it is not too high in dissolved solids, I would use that water. If it is borderline, you can get filters that connect to your hose and removes things like heavy metals and chlorine. Otherwise, I would get an RO or use bottled water.

I agree with Hemp Goddess. I dont like removing what i consider little Solor Panels.:)

I get this problem early in veg occasionally too.I use Fox Farm nutes also so what I do is add Cal-Mag & reduce the Big Bloom but keep going with the Grow Big. This usually works for me,and let the leaves fall off naturally. Just keep it simple & you should be fine.

Latest posts

Back