any ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
this is what my lower buds are doing on a thai plant is have. i recently used a screen on it to try to control the canopy but it is pretty late in flower. anyone think it is maybe that they were not used to as much light and they are getting burned? i am 12 weeks into flowering now. getting close to harvest as i have many cloudy trichs and i am starting to see ambers too. they are in soil. i use gobox nutes but i have been tapering that down. i am using 4 4 ft ho t5 bulbs and some asst cfl's. temps are now in the mid to upper 70's. i was having a heat problem where the tent was getting up to the lower 80's. watering every other day otherwise the 3 gallon felt pots get really dry and the plants wilt. that only happened once a couple weeks ago...

thanks!

View attachment IMG_2231.JPG

It almost looks like a lack of air movement. I know when I don't prune the lower 1/4 of my plants and they are dense with leaf growth and lacking in air movement I get a bunch of dried up leaves. I usually just remove the crunchy leaves and make sure I have a small fan blowing down low. If it is only happening down low and you are close to harvest I would not worry too much about it. This is one of the reasons I like to remove the lower quarter of the plant. It helps with air circulation and directs the plants energy to the "meat" of the bud producing areas. jmo

thanks hamster. i only have one fan in the tent but i swap the girls around so they get equal time nearest the fan. the two are very different phenos so it could be that one is more tolerant of lack of air flow.

How tall are your plants? How big is your space? Do you have some kind of exhaust fan in addition to the oscillating fan?

They are probably (also) suffering from not getting enough light. The T5s are great, but the intensity of the light diminishes fast over distance. They just don't look like they have the density that they should at 12 weeks in.

the plants are pretty short. a foot and a half or two feet maybe. i do have an exhaust fan in addition to the fan in the tent. i don't get very dense buds unfortunately. i am growing on a budget and i am not prepared to get better lighting at this point in the game. i keep the t5s' a few inches away from the tallest tops but the ones lower down suffer. i just checked in on the plants and the one i am concerned with is showing a lot of leaf die off. a lot of fan leaves on sugar leaves, even on the healthier looking buds are drying out from the tip on in. i am thinking i need to yank her out of the tent before what ever is going on spreads to the healthier plant...

they are foxtailing a lot. is that an indication that they are re-vegging? the tent is sealed up well so i don't think there is light leak. you know what though? i have not verified that the lights are going on and off in a long time now that i think about it...

thanks rosebud.

just double checked. the timer is working for the lights.

A lot of long flowering sativas foxtail. If none of the other plants are affected, I do think I would remove it from the tent. It is a sativa and I would think that you would want to take it before the trichs got all cloudy and amber.

the last one i grew i took at 13 weeks and i think i was early on it. these 2 have been quite a horse of a different color and they look like they are pretty close to done...

thanks for your help, hemp goddess.

chippety chop. snip, snip, snip...

i chopped one plant. i'll post some pics on my journal later today i think...

Latest posts

Back