Any info on da sunlight supply ac/de 8" double ended 1000w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyBlazeBK

Reaction score
I'm trying to see what light I can use to upgrade my grow. I now have a 600w hps and would like to step it up to a 1000w hps to see what I can do with it but I've seen this double ended 1000w and I am extremely interested in knowing if this new technology is the new way to go or just a fade or gimmick. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

I'm trying to see what light I can use to upgrade my grow. I now have a 600w hps and would like to step it up to a 1000w hps to see what I can do with it but I've seen this double ended 1000w and I am extremely interested in knowing if this new technology is the new way to go or just a fade or gimmick. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

They are the real deal, no gimmicks, setups are running about 800 each

Knowledge as someone that's about to drop 8k on lights I did my shopping around

My concern is the bulb. Is it like a hps or mh or both? Then the gas that the bulb holds will it be a problem if I cool it wrong and it malfunctions. Idk maybe u can share some of your knowledge or advice.

My concern is the bulb. Is it like a hps or mh or both? Then the gas that the bulb holds will it be a problem if I cool it wrong and it malfunctions. Idk maybe u can share some of your knowledge or advice.

The bulb is hps, gases? Cooling? Don't know about any of that, but most info on the de fixtures can be found on the gravita site.

I do not think you can cool them the same way as regular hid with a cooltube because the ballast is attatched to the hood, so keep that in mind.

That is good Lyfespan, cooling would have been a problem with the ballast attached.

That is good Lyfespan, cooling would have been a problem with the ballast attached.

I'm looking into 10 of the AC DE fixtures for my bloom room, or 20 xxxl air cooled, I'm still weighing the pros and cons

What is the price difference?

I've first seen them for about 800 but it just recently gone down considerably (675) which led me to ask if anyone might kno a lil more than what we already might know.

450 you can get gavita 1000 any 4600 btu to cool each one. If you air cool the bulb you will ruin it. Spectrum will go to hell.

DE bulbs are the best lights out there could have bought a 750 Monday but pussed out got 600e pro instead. Oh well. Guessing 3ft from canopy with 1000 and 2.5 with 750. Have to take leaf temperature to regulate height. Bulbs are getting heavier deeper penetration optimized I think you want 5ft of canopy and 4-5 ft from top of canopy to ceiling. 12-14 ft ceilings ideal. Best light by far. You don't need all that room just if your growing trees then you can get deep into canopy with them. 30% higher yields per sq ft over traditional hps. Bulbs last longer. Very easy to hit how under 1000s.

Cool. I guess is heat going to be an issue? Because of the uncooling of the light?

DE bulbs are the best lights out there could have bought a 750 Monday but pussed out got 600e pro instead. Oh well. Guessing 3ft from canopy with 1000 and 2.5 with 750. Have to take leaf temperature to regulate height. Bulbs are getting heavier deeper penetration optimized I think you want 5ft of canopy and 4-5 ft from top of canopy to ceiling. 12-14 ft ceilings ideal. Best light by far. You don't need all that room just if your growing trees then you can get deep into canopy with them. 30% higher yields per sq ft over traditional hps. Bulbs last longer. Very easy to hit how under 1000s. Just got my EL2 and 600e today.

Then after you get 25 lbs you can by those plasmas and really tear shitup.

They are cooling the hood not bulb.

Correct! Which is where the residual heat from the bulb travels into, then is taken out of the grow area, thus keeping the grow area reasonably cooler.

Latest posts

Back