Any info on da sunlight supply ac/de 8" double ended 1000w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool. Well dat explains why I read you can have the hood completely off. Ok so what's the deal with possibly messing the bulb if u cool it wrong?

Ok cool. Well dat explains why I read you can have the hood completely off. Ok so what's the deal with possibly messing the bulb if u cool it wrong?

They can shatter if the quartz jacket is already compromised, but this would be an extreme case.

The real problem is if you cool the bulb It will loose it's spectrum. But if spectrum don't matter go for it right :) hey lyfspan your trying to tell someone who bought some gavita plasmas spectrum don't matter :)

The real problem is if you cool the bulb It will loose it's spectrum. But if spectrum don't matter go for it right :) hey lyfspan your trying to tell someone who bought some gavita plasmas spectrum don't matter :)

Looks like you again are missing the point, and just because you spent a lot on equipment doesn't mean anything. That's like me telling you you're try to talk to a guy that has 5k in veg lights alone. But you can talk to me more about LEC,LEP, and induction lighting

Was trying to lighten mood with the joke. I don't get what you are saying. If I may it sounds like your saying spectrum don't matter it's all about Watts. There is nothing wrong with hps for flowering. I apologize I am bi polar slightly. Lol. Perhaps we are both right and talking different things. I was just trying to tell that guy that he's be better off vegging under mh and using hps for flower. Was trying to get it across to him that only need 650 umol for veg and 1000 for flower. you can get that with the 600 hps easy. So yes you can add in mh colors. Not over that. I know you can but for point I was making..... And he could loose some hps color for mh color and it would hurt yield in a small area but you can raise lights and get bigger footprint with better color. I need to work on people skills. All apologies I was n good one last night happy I got my new equipment. Except I bought it for 120vac looks like a goddamn 220 plug just got it put up friend came by to look at it and frick no plug match to wall.

Ok lyfespan and Dankhobbyist. So I just want to get as much info as I can. So you guys are saying that the DE bulb if not cooled right will lose some spectrum light? Also if cooled wrong the bulb could shatter but that will be an extreme case meaning that it's very rare to do so? Also the DE bulb is strong for flower but not the best light for producing high grade, good tasting and smelling weed? Any info again will be greatly appreciated.

Ok lyfespan and Dankhobbyist. So I just want to get as much info as I can. So you guys are saying that the DE bulb if not cooled right will lose some spectrum light? Also if cooled wrong the bulb could shatter but that will be an extreme case meaning that it's very rare to do so? Also the DE bulb is strong for flower but not the best light for producing high grade, good tasting and smelling weed? Any info again will be greatly appreciated.

The bulb will not function properly, it will not get up to proper temps allowing for optimum par output. Like spending money on a Porsche but never taking the e brake off while driving.

Did you watch the video in the link, it's very helpful in understanding the concept behind the "air cooled hood". The bulbs shattering is more of an urban legend, you'd have to be really careless to have it happen, but yes it can happen.

Yes DE bulb is strong, 1150 watts strong, perfect for flowering, and the quality you get out of a grow will depend on the quality put in to the grow. Meaning the lights are only a means of getting there, but yes again they will be able to give great smoke, top shelf smoke if you can do the work.

well not exactly...the glass used to encase the air cooled hood filters out the blue spectrum and looses 4% to 5% output due to scatter and absorption of the glass. Increased temp are the trade off. Increased head room gives the heat somewhere to go.

well not exactly...the glass used to encase the air cooled hood filters out the blue spectrum and looses 4% to 5% output due to scatter and absorption of the glass. Increased temp are the trade off. Increased head room gives the heat somewhere to go.

I think I'm going to be setting my ceiling height at 10-12', this allows for 2' for the fixture, 6-8' of plant, and 2-3' of table.

I'm still thinking ahead about the summer temps, and I'm at a tough decision point on the nanolux DE fixtures(I like the NCCS, over gavitas el2, and the output is higher on the ballast), or the nanolux remote ballasts paired with the air cooled hoods from sunlight supply, or paired with a open gavita DE fixture.

I will be discussing the cooling abilities available to the space with my air tech, before moving forward. Budget will determine the number of the types of fixtures, then cooling will be the final factor.

F

I think the gavita pro is a much better bulb because at 850 Watts I think it's going to mach any other 1000w bulb in yield. Saving in energy consumption.

for complete better crop I'd use plasmas for most veg then add hps with it. After transplanting and having hps with it for week then flower. I think for build out and results gavita is best choice on lights. If you need air cooled hood then get one. If not I'd grab a gavita. I don't believe any other bulb will throw as much light at = wattage. C Yes quality of gavita hps spectrum is as good as others. But with the plasma lights one of best.

As far as bulb goes it makes 4200btu heat let bulb Burn hot just use or thermometer to check leaf temp and a/c room. With higher ceilings greater control and sunrise sun set you can keep better Rh control. Plasmas add little to no heat to crop unlike mh. I think for serious room this is more viable way to go. If you have room set up for It.

DE set ups rock. I am running over 20 now with more to go. As of right now, I am running only Gavita pro 1000w, though I will be adding some DE bulbs running in the AC/DE hoods from sunlight. $800 per AC/DE hood set up is too expensive man, shop around my friends.
One issue to look for is what ballast will run the DE bulb properly, as not any Digi will run it. From my understanding the Galaxy Digi ballasts run them well.
Yes, the way the AC/DE hood is designed is the airflow does not contact the bulb, but rather around the bulb. The bulb is shielded by reflective material.
I just heard rumors that Nanolux is no more, so before you buy any, check into it. I am positive that they are not making anymore Nano regular Digi's, but I am not sure on the Nano DE fixtures.

HEAT. Open running DE's are HOT. High ceilings are a must. 3'-4' off the canopy seems to be the best results, even though you can run them closer if you can control the heat, but from my experience so far, 3'-4' is working well.

Coverage. Running traditional lights (1000 w) one light covers around a 4'x4' area pretty well. I would normally run 6, 1000w lights over a 4' x 20' table. I have changed this to running 5 DE bulbs over the same area and got better results then running the 6 traditional. I am actually going to run only 4 DE bulbs over the 4'x20' trays next run, as I am sure it will hit just as well. So, more area covered with less "wattage". I am not into watts myself as more in to space covered. I maximize weight by space rather then watts.

All in all, DE bulbs slap traditional lighting. Plants love it! I also have been vegging under them and they Veg better then anything I have tried, including MH 1000 and T5's. The PAR output on the DE's are unmatched.

DE set ups rock. I am running over 20 now with more to go. As of right now, I am running only Gavita pro 1000w, though I will be adding some DE bulbs running in the AC/DE hoods from sunlight. $800 per AC/DE hood set up is too expensive man, shop around my friends.
One issue to look for is what ballast will run the DE bulb properly, as not any Digi will run it. From my understanding the Galaxy Digi ballasts run them well.
Yes, the way the AC/DE hood is designed is the airflow does not contact the bulb, but rather around the bulb. The bulb is shielded by reflective material.
I just heard rumors that Nanolux is no more, so before you buy any, check into it. I am positive that they are not making anymore Nano regular Digi's, but I am not sure on the Nano DE fixtures.

HEAT. Open running DE's are HOT. High ceilings are a must. 3'-4' off the canopy seems to be the best results, even though you can run them closer if you can control the heat, but from my experience so far, 3'-4' is working well.

Coverage. Running traditional lights (1000 w) one light covers around a 4'x4' area pretty well. I would normally run 6, 1000w lights over a 4' x 20' table. I have changed this to running 5 DE bulbs over the same area and got better results then running the 6 traditional. I am actually going to run only 4 DE bulbs over the 4'x20' trays next run, as I am sure it will hit just as well. So, more area covered with less "wattage". I am not into watts myself as more in to space covered. I maximize weight by space rather then watts.

All in all, DE bulbs slap traditional lighting. Plants love it! I also have been vegging under them and they Veg better then anything I have tried, including MH 1000 and T5's. The PAR output on the DE's are unmatched.

I'm really leaning toward the sun system ACDE hoods with the nanolux remote ballasts, I'm liking the concept of the NCCS control system, but now I'm going to have to ask my contact at Nanolux what's going on with them. Hopefully it's just that they got bought up.

Ok just spoke with my nanolux contact, here's the low down. Nanolux dropped all of it's distributors, and will now distribute them directly to retailers. Nanolux is very much working on their future game, with more developments in the DE line as well.

Keep it going guys. The more info on this the better. We either need to know if hps is the way to go or step it up to the new better lights. All this info is great. I def am picking up the sunlight DE/AC for sure.

Keep it going guys. The more info on this the better. We either need to know if hps is the way to go or step it up to the new better lights. All this info is great. I def am picking up the sunlight DE/AC for sure.

I'm kinda leaning toward hps with led supplemental

If you get led I would vet one you could set all the different colors of.

Plz tell us what was the deciding factor or factors that lead you to pick hps and LEDs. Btw what wattage and brand hps n leds?

Anyone wanting to step up their game double ended is the way to do it.

Latest posts

Back