Any pointers for first time grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chi11yWi11y1!

Reaction score
Does she look happy?

Attachments

• 20200708_110734_HDR.jpg
    20200708_110734_HDR.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 13
I use cloth pots indoor and trying them on my outdoor plants for the first time, they are growing good in them. I just use composed soil and feed them compost tea, lot easier outdoor, indoor I use the General Hydroponics flora Series, lot of different nutes to measure but have great results with it.

I alao grow in pro mix indoor and mix it in my outdoor soil.
My friend that grows outdoors gave me some of his organic soil they make on his ranch.. She seems to love it so far.. I just put her in this 3 gallon 1 week ago. Ima keep it organic with the nutes as well

The first thing I've learned as a new grower is don't over water, it's so easy to do, I use the weight of the pot to know when she needs to water, I don't let them get bone dry but noticeably easy to pick up.

Yeah she was in a plastic pot early but her roots were growing like crazy i had to take her out.. With the cloth pot outdoors the soil does dry faster but it is more difficult for me to overwater i like it

I was scared the first few days because previously i had grown in a big pot but the plant got overwatered and aquired root rot.. I had never transplanted before but i tried to be as careful as can be

I think it should be ok maybe wait till she gets a good root base but before she gets root bound, I find it's easier to set the pot on a bucket same size and it makes it easy to pull the fabric down the sides, should be fine if done gently.
Sorry for slow replies my signal here is crapy, on and off like a traffic light sometimes lol

I think it should be ok maybe wait till she gets a good root base but before she gets root bound, I find it's easier to set the pot on a bucket same size and it makes it easy to pull the fabric down the sides, should be fine if done gently.
Sorry for slow replies my signal here is crapy, on and off like a traffic light sometimes lol
No issue what matters is you are helping me a great deal most people i see grow indoors so its hard to get help sometimes.. I did order a back up 5 gallon set of smart pots would that suffice as a final home because her roots seem like they are blooming like crazy

And should be done before she gets into flower mode, any stress during the flower cycle will reduce yields.
If you plan on doing any topping that should be done before the flower cycle also.

Latest posts

Back