Any pot smoking musicians round here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all , I'm a singer\songwriter and I am always looking for collaborations. I am into acoustic type feels and love a good smoke and write session! I have a small home studio and write all my own lyrics. I don't play an instrument but I use and manipulate loops for the song I want then let the vocals fly. A good sativa does wonders for writers block! I just joined the group and am looking forward to collaborations on smoke and music and all things groovy...yeah
Here is a link to my music on reverbnation
https://reverbnation.com/delwilkins

Del

I understand...I was gonna try and change my SC profile to hide my id but it seems like such a pain...I’m in a legal state so wth...
Here are a couple I’ve done in my home studio...back when I had a barn and a loft and fun toys like that...now days I’m stuck in a small bedroom with very limited space...I think I pretty much did everything on these tracks...
First is an original, second is a Beatles cover
https://soundcloud.com/john-how/blame
https://soundcloud.com/john-how/one-after-909-alt-take
Man I am digging that groove ! Great rasp in that vocal

been playing guitar since I was in high school some 50 years ago...played in one band for about half of those years till everyone either got too busy with family or moved away...played in several bands since then...Now days we just get together for a jam about every Wednesday night or so...sometimes more of us, sometimes less...but we got a drummer a couple guitar players a bass player and a couple keys and singers...about 10 of us in all and we sort of rotate thru depending on who is home or available...
Sometimes if there are only a couple of us we just do an acoustic strum’n sing sorta thing...
I also like to tinker with electronics and building instruments...below is a picture of two of my latest home built creations...both the guitar and the amp are home made...
It would great to hear from some of you songsters out here, I know there are a couple of you...
View attachment 252917
P-ville morning .....too cool !

i try to play instruments. i was in a band playing keyboard back in my mid 20's(the late 80's). i still have my roland d50 and try to play it once in a while. i have 3 guitars(a baby martin, an epiphone les paul special and a really nice taylor 12 string) and play the electric every day but i am not good. my rhythm is pretty bad unfortunately. not sure if it counts that i know my rhythm off. i have about 10 or so songs(mostly chord progressions for a verse and chorus) of my own(a couple with lyrics) that when i play them, my wife and/or sons will ask who that band is. i would so love to be like elise trouw(a looping and multi-instrumentalist extrordinaire)...

Wow ! She is smooth.... Thanks for the eye opener

Would love to throw this in my multi and lay some vocals down. Do you have a wave file? Good stuff , digging it

Pretty sure I still have the Masters for these 2 tracks. I can render them to wav files. Could render to stems if that works better?

Reactions: Del
Hello all , I'm a singer\songwriter and I am always looking for collaborations. I am into acoustic type feels and love a good smoke and write session! I have a small home studio and write all my own lyrics. I don't play an instrument but I use and manipulate loops for the song I want then let the vocals fly. A good sativa does wonders for writers block! I just joined the group and am looking forward to collaborations on smoke and music and all things groovy...yeah
Here is a link to my music on reverbnation
https://reverbnation.com/delwilkins

Del

Awesome tracks Brosef. You remind me of Layne Staley of Alice in Chains. Rocking stuff.

Awesome tracks Brosef. You remind me of Layne Staley of Alice in Chains. Rocking stuff.
Thanks a bunch man ! Been at it a few years, ain't getting rich but I enjoy the hell outta making music. Glad you enjoyed it , a little bit of everything.

Pretty sure I still have the Masters for these 2 tracks. I can render them to wav files. Could render to stems if that works better?
Stems would be great! I use Studio One more than anything else nowadays.

Stems would be great! I use Studio One more than anything else nowadays.

I am a Reaper guy. Easily my favorite DAW and I have tried a bunch of them. I will try to render some stems off those two tracks this week. I am a UPS Driver so I am usually busy working late most days but I am on vacay next week so I will definitely get it done soon. Would love to collab with a singer with chops. I usually have a certain vocalist or band in mind when I make tracks and because of that I am usually stuck trying to track vocals that are way above my capabilities. I have gotten better but it is still frustrating. I hang on a music site that you might enjoy. It is very sample orientated. I can PM you the site if you want to check it out?

I am a Reaper guy. Easily my favorite DAW and I have tried a bunch of them. I will try to render some stems off those two tracks this week. I am a UPS Driver so I am usually busy working late most days but I am on vacay next week so I will definitely get it done soon. Would love to collab with a singer with chops. I usually have a certain vocalist or band in mind when I make tracks and because of that I am usually stuck trying to track vocals that are way above my capabilities. I have gotten better but it is still frustrating. I hang on a music site that you might enjoy. It is very sample orientated. I can PM you the site if you want to check it out?
That would be great Hamster. Once I get these two I will drop em in and see what to comes out

See that couch in the first post of this thread???
It’s been replaced by this!!!
FFBBC0C7-946C-4131-8519-55F46E14637E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back