Any Soda junkies out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growdude

I am the Smo King
Reaction score
I found this web site after looking at soda fountains and how expensive the Co2 refills were.
http://truetex.com/carbonation.htm

Built it just as it shows without the quick disconnect and gauge.
Used the SS valve stem. I got mine at auto parts store for $2.00

But all I want to ay is this thing works great, could not believe how fizzy it made my homemade soda. BTW I used snow cone syrup and just a dash to make some nice refreshing, not too sweet grape soda.

I admit I am seriously addicted to Coke....it's the only soda I will drink, except an occasional Dr. Pepper binge.:)

Interesting read.....thanks

I do sales for a large beverage company so needless to say im addicted. Ive never thought of making my own though. Very cool.

No, I drink mainly water, personally. With working outside my whole life, the sun beating down on me, water was always the best answer.

Now, my son.....

Ruby Red Squirt and Ribena have been my fav carbonated drinks for at least 15 years. Cherry 7-Up is killer. I just discovered Kroger generic Blue Raspberry, which is tastier than all of the above.

I like plain unflavored seltzer too. Nobody else I know likes it. :spit:

YYZ Skinhead said:
I like plain unflavored seltzer too. Nobody else I know likes it. :spit:

My Grand father used to drink that stuff.....yuck. lol:)

Addicted to Diet Dr K.. Well not addicted per se, but I gotta have one in a cup, over ice, each morning when I get up. Occasionally a 2nd one right after. Then I chug h20 the rest of the day.

Krogers' generic diet dr pepper. YYZ, they do have good generic sodas, at a fraction of the price.

Sundrop whew one of the great things of the south Im seriously addicted. I think its availiable nationwide now though????

SmokinMom said:
Addicted to Diet Dr K.. Well not addicted per se, but I gotta have one in a cup, over ice, each morning when I get up. Occasionally a 2nd one right after. Then I chug h20 the rest of the day.

Krogers' generic diet dr pepper. YYZ, they do have good generic sodas, at a fraction of the price.
I just picked up a 12-pack of Blue Raspberry for like three clams. The funny thing is that I never have seen any big name brand blue raspberry soda except Jones Soda Co (IIRC) and raspberry is my second fav "sweet" flavor after boysenberry.

Lemon Jack said:
Sundrop whew one of the great things of the south Im seriously addicted. I think its availiable nationwide now though????
They apparently started releasing it nationwide this summer. I love the commercials for it featuring Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot".

I love coke, the real thing, but try not to have it very often.

Dman, i grew up calling it pop too,not soda. Southern thing? Mr rb calls it that and he is a southern thing. LOL

dman1234 said:
LOL, Whats Soda,

I like POP though.
This is pretty funny. Around here we grew up saying "Soda Pop" lol.

high-fructose corn syrup? that'll kill you, ya know.

EDIT: doc pep is the bomb, even if it's a health concern :)

I chuckled once when a girl from Illinois asked me if I had any pop. We don't say that here in Texas. In fact, some weird folks here even call every kind of soda a coke. Lmao!!

YYZ, I get my 12 pks for $2.29. But as mentioned above, I'm in Texas.. Lol.

my wife is addicted to the Dew,I dont drink soda or pop or whatever just iced tea and h2o and an occasional bud.....:cool:

YYZ Skinhead said:
Ruby Red Squirt and Ribena have been my fav carbonated drinks for at least 15 years. Cherry 7-Up is killer. I just discovered Kroger generic Blue Raspberry, which is tastier than all of the above.

I like plain unflavored seltzer too. Nobody else I know likes it.

Working at the course, we were able to mix drinks at age 16 (state law)...I always wondered about the fizzy water in the bottle...only tried once!! :spit:

Rosebud said:
I love coke, the real thing, but try not to have it very often.

Dman, i grew up calling it pop too,not soda. Southern thing? Mr rb calls it that and he is a southern thing. LOL

Merry Christmas Rose and everyone here.

Not just a southern thing, up here in Canada you will never hear anyone say soda, i dont know why but we just call it Pop.

coke zero or pepsi max for me........ I will hunt me down a RC cola every now and then.

Latest posts

Back