any1 else start flowering?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob1kinsmokey

SryIFiPssOffAnyModsMchRsp
Reaction score
i dont know why but my big mamma has started flowering and its barelly june?
im in central california, and its def. not time for them to start flowering.

i recently had to move their spot because of casting shade.

possibly the late afternoon shade through her cycle off?

but now shes back in full sun, and i dont want to stress her by putting her back into veg.

i think a couple more are starting to flower to and its the wierdest thing?

am i just trippin? should they start flowering before summer even starts? theyve been veggin since arpil.

maybe i should pull her inside and just flower her?

hopefully someone can shed some light for me. thnx

sounds like you are a lucky SOB...Im still waiting to determine sex.

Maybe just some pre-flowers? Are you sure they are females?

heh. possibly lucky. early flower means a long finish. i never liked a tease;)

yea im sure they're females:). and they are pre-flowers, thats how i know its flowering.

i just didnt want them to revert to veg after loosing all their leaves (shedding do to flowering).

but i found out from the cloner that its the strain. amnesia haze. one of the longest flowering strains. short veg, and a whopping 16 weeks of flowering. 16 weeks from june 1st is the end of september, which is just about right. - early bird too so i am lucky.

Flowering is triggered by the hours of nighttime (darkness).

Did you raise the plant inside?

I'm not the most learned in outdoor growing but can't pre-flowers show at like 6 weeks of age sometimes?

Yes, but I think the OP meant his plants were flowering.

I've found that determining a plants sex by preflowers to only be 75% accurate.
Some people seem to have a knack for it. I have a friend who is almost never wrong looking at preflowers. But for everyone else I know, we wait until the plants are flowering to tell sex for sure.

im a farelly old school grower, i can mostly tell what is female and what is a male by the time the 5th node is fully structured. once youve seen alot you can kind of tell what grows like a male and what grows like a female.

sometimes im wrong, but these are most definetely ladies ;).

no they were raised outdoor. they got moved alot until i found a good spot where they flourished.

i want to try this new method of vegging them outside and flowering them inside. i just didnt expect them to start flowering so soon.

you should try it sometime, it seems to be working great so far for me.

they get a strong fast growth during veg, because most plants will grow much faster outdoor than indoor-

and then when they start flowering you can give them a perfect 12/12 enviroment, as well as no wind factor- which means much, much denser buds.

ill compare and contrast half way through,- ive moved half of them inside and left the other half outside.

has anyone ever tried this? what do you prefer guru? outdoor,indoor>?

My true love is outdoor growing (thanks for asking btw).
I've grown inside for many years, but lately I've shut down the indoor grow.
Because in my legal outdoor mj garden, I can grow all I and several other med-mj users with all we need for an entire year. So there's no reason to pay for elec. and and do all the other things an indoor garden requires.

I'm still stumped as to why your full-time outdoor plants are flowering now, other than they were in the shade for awhile and/or they have some ruderalis or other auto-flowering strain.

thats cool. i started indoor as well and went many years before going outdoor. and outdoor IMO is the way to go.

yea ruderalis is the first thing i thought, but i definetely would have recognized it earlier in veg. that 'genus' (i believe thats what it is called) has a very strong and very different phenotype, the leaves look like they grow almost backwards with a strain of ruderalis.

i looked at that time map they have at yahoo. you type in your location and it tells you how many hours in a day each month through that changing seasons.

usually there is about 17 hours of sunlight this time of year, but when i checked it said this year, at this time, there was only 14 and a half hours of sunlight a day in my location.

so i figured- a long flowering strain in an irregular weather situation could mean earlier flowering- which is pretty much whats going on- a plant could easily start flowering at only 14 hours of sunlight in a day ya know.

so i dont know. im just going with it. they had a short but strong veg so im just going to bud the hell out of them.

Yahoo's gotta be wrong. I live not too far from you (N. Calif.) and tomorrow (the longest daylight of the year, the summer soltice) it won't get fully dark until 10 p.m. and it starts getting light at 5 a.m.
But whatever. You have budding plants and that's good.
Fresh bud for the 4th of July, be partiotic and spark a fattie for the US of A.

ive heard that some strains dont ned to be switched to 12/12 they just auto flower but i dont know y

i think it might have some thing to do with the genetics and where its parent plants an their parent plants were grown over time they may have adapted that way

yea like i said, the strain is a very long flowering strain- which could be why i started so soon? but i have some others that were also flowering-

so i dont know. very low chances that i would have more than 1 auto flowering, early bird strain.

but damn they are flowering nice and enjoying their 73 degree indoor weather right now. buds are commin along just fine.

is anyone else a little wiery of this site? does anyone know if they keep track of their members IP adresses?

seems like alot of mods for a somewhat small community?

ob1'...you say they have been "vegging since April", indoors or out?..What light cycle were they under as clones?.
Moving them from an indoor op' under long hours(24/0) into the natural 16/8 or so in late May or June, could have triggered the early flowering.

...4 mods for over 1700 members...doesn't seem in excess to me. We aren't government spies or a front to capture evidence on the unsuspecting community. MarPassion server is located overseas, in a mj friendly country. We simply try to provide a clean friendly atmosphere for like minded cultivars to get together and discuss and share their experiences, knowledge and love of the herb.

well im glad to here that Hick. i was under the impression that there were more mods than that. I appreciate the peaceful place that you all provide, and understand that the server is located over seas- But i was wondering if by chance you knew if the IPs were automatically logged, or erased?

Overgrow, and hempworld were both in marijuana friendly zones and both were taken down very harshly. I and every other known subscribing member were at great risk and i watched as friends and family were torn by the information scrapped from the servers log.

gypsys seed company was ruined, and years and years of helpful information and a strong community were brought down. to say the least it was horrible.

since then 3 other sites have been brought down, 2 of which were also in mj friendly areas.

right now marijuana passion is one of the few that still stands. and it seems farelly knew.

so you can understand my questioning, and i hope you dont take offense to it. i just wanted to get a feel for this community and its mods, to decide for myself.

and i would really like to know if IPs are stored.

I would love to add to this site. i have a couple tutorials saved as well as many pictures and helpful techs- it would be awesome to see this site expand as well as overgrow did. But it needs to be known that our (the communities) information is safe, and that we are at low risk.

i appreciate your response, and hope to here again from you.

as for my plants they went from a bubbler, to outdoor in the beginning of april.

about 4 weeks ago i noticed signs of them starting to flower so i pulled them inside to finish- which is what i was planning on doing anyways- it just happened to come sooner than i expected.

the weather is changing very drastically in most areas so i am not that surprised. at this point they are doing great and i should have some fatties by september.

oB'..I understand your concerns. I can't say if IP's are logged/stored or not, for certain.
A PM to the administrator, MarPassion, might be the best bet for a sure answer.

I always advice users to go through an anonamous proxy service. There are several free sites and it adds one more cloak to your identity.

I planted ICE the beginning of april, outdoor, its still vegging, just got some preflowers, a few hairs, my male is definetly flowering, how long am I supposed to wait till I see some buds??

iole said:
I planted ICE the beginning of april, outdoor, its still vegging, just got some preflowers, a few hairs, my male is definetly flowering, how long am I supposed to wait till I see some buds??
If you are seeing pre flowers it won't be long before you start seeing buds form. You have to be patient iole. :D

Latest posts

Back