Anybody else seeing alot of ticks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
Every time I have stepped foot into the woods I end up with a tick on me. Anybody else having this problem? Does anyone know of any home remedy to keep them off? Luckily I have seen them or felt them on me before they get burrowed in. Never had one on me before this year.

dog ticks +deer ticks are everywhere because of the very mild winter.wear light colored clothing.KEEP TEE SHIRT TUCKED IN @ ALL TIMES.flick as many off as possible before entering truck or home.ALWAYS do naked ck.@ home.brush hair over sink.TICKS SUCK!!!!!

Me too, lots of ticks always come out with one or more. Always wear long socks, long pants, long sleeve shirts. Spray near all openings with deet insect repellent spray. When you get home throw all clothes in a hot wash and take a hot shower. Follow these routines all the time most ticks will never get on you or be washed off before they settle on a spot to bite.

Like newbietoo said, we had a very mild winter here on the east coast, and that hasnt helped the cause. Disease is spreading too. Nasty little buggers!

they ae bad this yr for sure. Get the Deet out if your going out into the woods.

This was by far the mildest winter I can ever remember! I was in the woods alot last summer and never had a single tick on me, some different this year. Thanks for the tips.

Deet and garlic.
Heavy garlic diet before going into the woods never hurts. Helps keep away other pest too.

Use to do that before heading into the swamps. Could always tell who didnt take that precaution by who was swinging their arms around the most.

If you get one stuck on ya' take a q-tip or cotton ball and put liquid hand soap on it and rub the tick with it for 20 or 30 seconds and it will let go no need to pull it out. it lets go and sticks to the soap really does work :cool:

I be in bush mighty lots and never had problem then gain I tend to smell more like a dead bear walkin most days smell might be keepin them away or maybe just not a fan of me blood type guess. Hope yual able to fend them off pilgrem. Stay safe like they be sayin.

BWD

Wow six to ten a trip!! I thought I had it bad with one every trip into the woods. Thanks for the tip Mikey. I smelled a dead bear BWD, that is definately why your not bothered by them. I would try that avenue but don't think the wife would care much for it. haha

Wife be lovin an animal in the sack pigrem!! Ifin yual need advice to plowin a garden or polishin an apple or even the art od erotic plaesures of yur little lady come pull stump my fire rather then pull stunp ;)

Im hight might need bed lol

BWD

My wife ur stump really? Wow that's a little messed up. Guess I won't joke about ur smell again. haha

Yur Wife my stump? Guess she got tired sorry pilgrem no disrespect just funny is all.

BWD

Ticks have been horrible in east Texas. Haven't found any by me but I'm smack dab in the middle of suburbia.

I'm also seeing a lot of them here in Va. They seem to be really attracted to me.

I thought they might have been deer ticks but I wasn't positive. I wore a long sleeved shirt the last two times I have gone into water and didn't get any on me. Seems to be working.

Latest posts

Back