anybody ever try this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
re-charging your scrubber---i am thinking if i hose this thing down---maybe even submerge it in some soapy water---i can get a few runs out of it---yes, i will put the blanket back on when it gest out of the washing machine---if i clean the charcoal, will it be as good as new---or---is the charcoal now spent and needs to be replaced---and it is time to get a new one---if so---any ideas on a more efficient way to remove the wonderful smell of dank---other than dealing with this monster scrubber 001.jpg

I dont know if you can clean it or not. But if you smash it up some with a hammer. Thatll open fresh sides to the charcoal and youll get more time out of it.

disposal is always a ***** spearchucker---i like the idea of recycling

If the charcoal is spent, try to replace the charcoal instead of buying a whole new unit. You'll have to cut or drill the rivets off, and replace them, or use bolt/nuts of same size.

Speakchuker's right about smashing it up a little to get more life out of it; just don't turn it dust ;)

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I dont know if you can clean it or not. But if you smash it up some with a hammer. Thatll open fresh sides to the charcoal and youll get more time out of it.
yep:eek:

:ciao: rosebud---the scrubber is about 3 years old---well past its expected life---it stopped working last year---really no biggie then---but as things have changed it has become important that it works again---i understand it is easier to buy a new one than to refill this one---hate to waste stuff and just chuck it in the trash

I know like our "footprint" for growing isn't big enough now we are adding to the land fills. I will do that again too. The next one i get is going to be NChef's. It seems small and he washes it every three weeks.

tell me more about chefs that he is re-using by just washing---seems nouvelle chef also had some new type of reusable scrubber a while back---anyway---it looks like i am in the market for a new scrubber if anyone might share what they are using----

so it was unscrewed and taken apart, emptied, and re-filled with the same granules---this is the first time---anybody with an educated guess and in a gambling mood as to how long it might last---over/under is 1 year---space is 20 x 7 x 7---approx 50 lb of granules---fan is pulling 740 cubic feet per minute?---:hubba:

Hey Orangesunshine! How ya been? Did you actually take out the charcoal and wash it? Never done it myself but I'm interested in your results. Keep us posted.

I don't think it works to just wash charcoal. I think it has to be "re-activated" or something like that--all the charcoal used in filters like this are activated charcoal *(whatever that means).

I thought that to re-activate the charcoal, one had to heat the charcoal to 225 or something like that. But I am not sure, some more research would need to be done.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't think it works to just wash charcoal. I think it has to be "re-activated" or something like that--all the charcoal used in filters like this are activated charcoal *(whatever that means).

Yeah, what does activated mean anyway?

pcduck said:
I thought that to re-activate the charcoal, one had to heat the charcoal to 225 or something like that. But I am not sure, some more research would need to be done.

Now that sounds interesting.

what up BBFan how you be---no i did not wash it---thought it might pick up solids from the water (super stoned)---basically just re-packed the can figuring that different sides of the pellets would be exposed to the air and might add some life---kinda like smashing up the sides---not totally sure about "activating it"---but---i believe the Duck is spot on about it getting baked (like most of us)---

i do have another can with the same story of age and size---and may be a little more adventurous and just rinse it with some RO water or something before repacking it---

hey thanks for checking in with all the thoughts and problem solving---The Hemp Goddess, OGKushman, King Bud, and Rosebud---always a pleasure hearing from the respected members giving a helping hand---green mojo to all---

:48:

"Activated carbon, also called activated charcoal,
activated coal or carbo activatus, is a form of carbon that has been processed to make it extremely porous and thus to have a very large surface area available for adsorption or chemical reactions..""

I had to look it up.

:ciao: orangesunshine..I just drilled the rivets out as another member said and baught some new bolts and knuts for it..Never tried to reuse the crap..Ill have to have a look see into it..here hold this :bong1: till I return

heres some read for you my friend

hXXp://www.water.siemens.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Product_Lines/Westates_Carbon/Brochures/reactivated_carbon_q_and_a.pdf

Now give me my :bong1: back:rofl:

take care and be safe :bong:

Oh Dam

:doh:

maybe the wrong carbon...Man Im :stoned:

Latest posts

Back