Anyone else feel this way about being a stoner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inmediusre

Reaction score
Now, I'm not a huge stoner, but a semi, to moderatly casual one. However, I can't help but feel like I'm a drug addict every now and then. Like people would look down on me if they knew I liked to smoke pot. I'm really tired of hiding my pot smoking, and I'm tired of having pot being so demonized. It shouldn't be a crime, and it shouldn't be looked upon as something that makes you stupid, and lazy. I love to read books, I go to college and have a 3.78GPA, I have a steady and great girlfriend, I'm a good son to my parents, I like to donate to charities whenever I see them asking for money at my place of business, I like to open doors for people and I respect my elders. I love my country and I support our troops (although not necessarily our cause). I'm just tired of feeling like a hoodlum or being looked upon like a hoodlum just cause I wear bob marley shirts, have a mini afro, and I smoke pot.

People need to just get a clue. I'm not going to quit smoking pot unless I want to, not because it's not a socially accepted practice or because there's a dumb law against it. People need to be more educated about it... they really do.

I totaly agree with you! It is legal to drink, as long as your of age, but i know alot of people, (myself included), that should not drink. I have a small criminal record, ALL my charges occured well i was drunk, which i can legaly be whenever i want. I dont have a single drug charge, and have never commited a crime well high, other that the fact i was in possesion of marijuana. I graduated high school well high, I finished with a *9% average, I attended trade school to become a welder, I did that high too and passed with flying colours. I do NOT go to work high, as my job is very dangerous, but i do enjoy getting baked after work and all my "chores" r done. I have a 6 year old daughter that i take very good care of, she doesnt lose out on anything because of my smoking. My girlfriend, who smokes as well, and I have been together for 2 great marijuana filled years and plan on getting married soon. All of our bills are ALWAYS paid on time, we drive a nice car, and are happy. The only negative aspect is that we have to hide the fact we smoke pot from most people because we dont know how they will react. Both of my parents, my brother, and my girlfriends parents smoke pot and they are quite fine in their lives too. Marijuana should be legal or at least decriminalized. As i say to my friends : whats wrong with smoking a lil pot? Whats the worst thats gonna happen? I'm gonna get high, eat everything in sight, pass out and wake up in the morning fealing fine! Now if I drink on the other hand, i'm not goint to be able to walk straight, i'll probably mouth someone off and get into a fight, or get charged for causing a distubance. Once i finally make it to bed great, if the room dont spin, I'm prob gonna puke once or twice before i pass out and in the morning.. DON'T BUG ME I GOT A KILLER HANGOVER SHHHHHH! Thats my thought(s), sorry for it being so long.

Whats up Inmediusre! I feel the same way, it's messed up that society accepts alcoholics rather than potheads. It's crazy how something can be considered so bad due to the fact that it is illegal, even though its actually medicine. I believe that alcohol will get you in a lot more trouble than weed in any given situation (considering the effects of consumption). Let's take driving - A drunk driver is more likely to speed/crash/kill than a pothead whom is more likely to drive slow/cautiously. I say **** society, as long as you got your shit straight, what should it matter what others think? Most of those people are close minded and ignorant, therefor their one-sided opinion should not matter. Some people just dont understand, they think what the government tells them to do is good for them.....

I can't but help feel like a drug addict sometimes.. there are times i'll start smoking alot of pot all the time then i have my mellowing out periods like i'll be high straight for like 4 weeks.... then i'll be sobering out for a while mostly cos i'm broke, and when i go on my pot marathons is when i have extra cash to spare.. and the fact that all my spare cash goes into weed or other things.. mostly weed but it makes me feel like such and addict although i'm not sure if i am or not. However everyday i'm not smoking i seem to have really long hard days and it helps me deal somehow with my pathetic reality, how i feel stuck constantly like i'm not moving forward and i'm not moving period.. and when i do try to make my move it's like gettin stuck in check mate really... I'm so lost and thats why i think i smoke pot more and feel the way i do. I smoke my pain away, not to mention my brain... I don't know where to turn or how to pick myself up so i just stay here.... in this place waiting or my turn to scream out into silence once again.

I've never had a problem with feeling like a "dope fiend" but I also grew up in a way diffferent situtaion than most and was told from the beginning that herb is a good thing that comes from the earth for us to use. If you truly feel like you are doing nothing wrong then you're not.
We can't change our lives because of the cattle around us buying all the **.

I am with Biff on this one....but i too like Pranic will walk around stoned all day....but my time is longer than a few weeks...

I have been stoned daily and most days all day....for over 7 or 8 years now...You must also take into consideration that i do not get "high" in the sense that most do....MJ slows down my body and brain activity to a tolerable level..

MJ is the only thing that has worked for my OCD and it fends off a lot of the evil side effects of the prescription drugs i am on

Yes...at times i feel like an addict....but i have given this indepth thought and realize that i am not...i can stop any time and have even voiced to the husband about wanting to try and not smoke and see how deeply afflicted my OCD is now...

He is very much against me trying that....when i do not smoke pot i am like a chicken with no head...i can't sit still and i constantly rearrange things (OCD here) and clean...i also wonder if other habits will come back if i stop smoking...i used to be freaky about checking locks repeatedly and alarms to make sure they were set...checking to see that things were turned off etc...

All those latter effects of my OCD were present daily in my life until about 6 months after beginning daily smoking...i smoke now when i feel sudden overwhelming urges to do things that are what i call "being crazy" ;)

pranicfever said:
I can't but help feel like a drug addict sometimes.. there are times i'll start smoking alot of pot all the time then i have my mellowing out periods like i'll be high straight for like 4 weeks.... then i'll be sobering out for a while mostly cos i'm broke, and when i go on my pot marathons is when i have extra cash to spare.. and the fact that all my spare cash goes into weed or other things.. mostly weed but it makes me feel like such and addict although i'm not sure if i am or not. However everyday i'm not smoking i seem to have really long hard days and it helps me deal somehow with my pathetic reality, how i feel stuck constantly like i'm not moving forward and i'm not moving period.. and when i do try to make my move it's like gettin stuck in check mate really... I'm so lost and thats why i think i smoke pot more and feel the way i do. I smoke my pain away, not to mention my brain... I don't know where to turn or how to pick myself up so i just stay here.... in this place waiting or my turn to scream out into silence once again.

Naw man, the world is a grind. A daily inescapable grind. All we have in the world are the little things. I'm lucky enough to have a great girl with me, lucky enough to have my health, and my sanity. Although it's hard to keep sane, it's the little things like getting high or blowing an entire day off with my girlfriend that just keeps my priorities straight. We're all in the hell hole called life, and no matter how optimistic you are, you gotta realize we're all trapped here. No one asked to be born into this world, much less the circumstances they are born with. All we can do is try to deal with it the best we can, and keep on the daily grind, because we really have no choice.

So keep blazing and making love, cause it's all we have.

Latest posts

Back