Anyone ever grow on a 12/6 schedule?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think (according to all the reading I've done) that exhaustive studies have been performed on all light cycles pertaining to MJ growing. No stone has been left unturned. And the overwhelming evidence shows:

1. 24/0 is better than any other light cycle for veg.

2. 12/12 is better than any other light cycle for flowering.

Nuff said.

uh say what???

#1 = INCORRECT!

Plants need sleep to bro......would you keep a chicken awake 24 hours a day, in an attempt to get more eggs? Now that'd just be cruel man.....

18/6 for the win amigo!

It's in here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0932551467/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

and here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/187882323X/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

and here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1931160589/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I've read them all, cover to cover.

I feel sorry for CLOSED-minded people...I have no experience with the CLOSE-minded people you spoke of. What is it like, exactly, to have a CLOSE mind?

Try reading a SCIENTIFIC book. Reading posts on internet web sites will carry you only so far, as is evidenced by your initial post here.

In the future, you really should try to be nice and thankful when someone wants to try and help by going out of their way to answer a question you posted. Personally, I'll never make the mistake of wasting my time on you again. Starting now.

dang you sound a little sarcasatic and rude eh?

have a bowl and take it easy man!

Last edited by a moderator:
uh say what???

#1 = INCORRECT!

Plants need sleep to bro......would you keep a chicken awake 24 hours a day, in an attempt to get more eggs? Now that'd just be cruel man.....

18/6 for the win amigo!

Honestly man, I think the scientific community has proven that MJ benefits from 24/0 over 18/6 in veg. I believe in science, so I believe what the scientists say.

uh say what???

#1 = INCORRECT!

18/6 for the win amigo!

Actually Cannabis does not need a dark period and that has been backed by science. Not all plants need a dark period in Veg.

LOL, why do my threads always turn into flame fests? LMAO

Actually, I do believe quite a few people "in the know" have experimented with light cycles and about every experiment I read was in favor of a 24/0 light schedule during veg over any other cycle. That much we, pretty much, have in the bag.

The dark cycle is where all the testing is going on now. Blue lights.... staggered cycles.... a few others.

I am the kind of person that doesn't necessarily need to get bigger buds or more THC from running a blue light at night. The results of the test are not the most important thing. The knowledge one gains throughout the testing process is the true reward. If we happen to get better pot, that's just a by-product. The true quest is the quest for knowledge, not answers.

It was best said when Commander Riker was talking to my good friend, Data. And, Data was explaining that his quest was to become human. When Riker asked him if it bothered him that he knew he would never actually reach his goal, Data's reply was, "...the task itself, yields it's own rewards".

Justafarmer--LOL--you are not going to win on this one. Cannabis is in a class of plant that does not need or benefit from a dark period. It will grow all the time the light is on and other needs are met. When you shut the lights off for 6 hours, the plant will stretch more, giving you longer internodal spacing and therefore, less bud sites and less bud. Bottom line is that running 24/7 gives you a shorter bushier plant in less time. The only time I every shut my vegging lights off at all is if the heat gets too great when it gets hot in the summer. Cannabis is not a chicken and vise versa. Mammals need sleep, cannabis doesn't. There IS research on this and by real scientist and real scientific studies. If you do the research, you will find out that this is true. The 18/6 is really not beneficial in any way over the 24/7 unless you are trying to combat heat and need a "cooling-off" period.

From the studies I have read and the experiments I have seen, the only advantage to an 18/6 is that is provides for a better root and stem growth.

While this would NOT be beneficial during vegging (unless you love smoking stems. LOL) it has shown to possibly be a better cycle during cloning (and, possibly seedlings although everything I read was pertaining to cloning).

This is an easy test to run so I will definitely try this next time I clone.

Still, I have seen very little on the short day (or blue light) thing. Time will tell. If it IS beneficial, there are people who will test and test until they find out. I was thinking about buying a tiny tent just big enough for 1 small plant, just for experiments.

I know one person who just put this to the test so we may have more information in the coming months.

I read about people using this light schedule years ago.......and then nothing. That alone tells me huge amounts. The idea has been out there for many many years--probably a decade or more. And you can be absolutely sure that it has been tried by many people and obviously to no avail.

You dont have to try everything to know its a bad idea, for example I have never tried Crystal Meth but i still know its a bad idea.

If you spot me the 4 grand to cover my possible loss i'll try it for ya:):bong:

Never mind guys. Sorry I mentioned something new. I know how that frightens you all. LMAO

If you don't have something intelligent to post, it's probably better if you just don't post.

Otherwise, just keep doing everything the same way. Personally, I like new ideas. If you don't, that's fine. But, don't think your ignorance and close minded lifestyle should stop others from being open minded and learning new things.

Please, as a favor to me. Keep it positive or just don't post.

Thanks

Peace

I do this for a living bud. The possible benefits don't outweigh the risks. Not even close.

Now if you want to give it a go, i'll follow along:)

Never mind guys. Sorry I mentioned something new. I know how that frightens you all. LMAO

If you don't have something intelligent to post, it's probably better if you just don't post.

Otherwise, just keep doing everything the same way. Personally, I like new ideas. If you don't, that's fine. But, don't think your ignorance and close minded lifestyle should stop others from being open minded and learning new things.

Thanks

Peace

Lol, its not new, 12-12 is the best schedule for flowering, sometimes you just have to accept facts, its not about not trying something new its about not trying something the will affect yeild in a negative way, I dont see any negative comments so im not sure where that came from.

Nothing NEW being talked about here. People have been trying to find a better or quicker light schedule for years and years. I didn't see any negative comments either.

Thanks

Peace

yep, you sounded pretty "positive" right there,.......NOT

See what I mean. It's very difficult to carry on an intelligent topic with stuff like...

If you spot me the 4 grand to cover my possible loss i'll try it for ya

yep, you sounded pretty "positive" right there,.......NOT

I do this for a living bud. The possible benefits don't outweigh the risks. Not even close.

And you can be absolutely sure that it has been tried by many people and obviously to no avail.

I know the scientific community, and have included a pic of me and my friends to prove it!

Some people will always waste time trying to reinvent the wheel.

None of these comments provided any real useful contribution to the topic.

The thread started out OK but then the "one way" stuff started.

Latest posts

Back