Anyone ever have a double tap root from a seed???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAnotherAntMarching

Smot Poker Since '93
Reaction score
Hey guys... I put a bunch of seeds in water yesterday and when just transfering them to a paper towel i noticed one of the Qleaner seeds actually has a double tap root....? Heres a couple pics...

Anyone ever see this before??????? :confused:

DSC_0001-1.JPG

DSC_0002-1.JPG

Juicy looking! Someone not to long ago posted one with a double. I think it went or is still going well, can't remember who though.

Dude...

THAT's the bean the oracle spoke of so long ago...:holysheep: The MIRACLE bean! Nice cute lil' mutant you got there...:rolleyes: I had a 'twin' with a Y in the mainstem not long ago with a TGA Deep Purple seedling and it went male and went into the compost pile. But that one wasn't a true twin... I think it's like Mindzeye sez... it may very well be true twins with two distinct embryos... Who knows? Maybe they will both pull through and if one is a lot smaller you could take a clone and then prune it off.

Peace!:cool:

In Subcools book he says something about one or 2 of his strains producing double tap roots...there have been a couple posted on here in the past few months....maybe a 2 for 1 special...lol

try dropping sub an email...he may have a recomendation for you

LF Im def gona PM Sub bc 3 out of the 5 Qleaners have double tap root before hitting soil...? Im gonna keep my fngers crossed that they will still grow normally...

I'm sure they will be fine, but I would not expect 2 plants for every seed...although that would be cool to. I'll look in his book later tonight after I get home from my moms, and see if Qleaner was the one known for that and let ya know what the book says...or do you have his book, "Dank"?

LF no i dont have his book yet but i did order it last night for myself.... One of the double tap rooted beans has broke ground last night and it is def gowing 2 seperate plants... So the ? now is do i try to separate them and pot them .....????

I would do it now, before the root system gets too developed, and inner twined. I would try gently washing the medium away with room temp water, rather than pulling them or breaking the soil apart...or are they in hydrotron, or rockwool?

Latest posts

Back