Anyone have any bigfoot tales to tell? Or any scary in the woods stories that actually happened to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tracking a deer once after a friend winged it on a bad shot
I followed the tracked the blood trail, and 4 sets of hoof prints were clearly visible in the snow.
I heard a very strange scream off in the distance as if an animal in pain, I ran up ahead to see what looked like a deer walking on its hind legs like a person and it ran off into the deep woods. My buddy said to me when I got back to where he was that he saw the hoof prints did in fact go from a 4-legged walk to a two legged one at the point where I started to run after it.
Strange never found that deer .

I doubt there is too many people who have spent more time in the woods than me.
A friend and I were elk hunting in 2019, Colorado.
We found a well used bed, as in used often on multiple occasions, that had hair in it that just didn’t look like belonged to any critter I was familiar with.
The bed was in a low spot where a lot of soft forest duff had collected under some huge spruce trees.
I wish I had saved some of the hair.

I doubt there is too many people who have spent more time in the woods than me.
A friend and I were elk hunting in 2019, Colorado.
We found a well used bed, as in used often on multiple occasions, that had hair in it that just didn’t look like belonged to any critter I was familiar with.
The bed was in a low spot where a lot of soft forest duff had collected under some huge spruce trees.
I wish I had saved some of the hair.
Cool I wonder what was sleeping in there . I believe there are things in the woods and the oceans that we could never imagine once we find them, or they find us.

Never ever go camping with Hippie.😁
Or Hopper.

camp10.jpg

.. south of Texarkana, .. west of Shreveport La., east of Dallas, in the Red River bottoms next to the spooky arss Caddo Lake .. near midnight in the late 60s we were hunting coons with HeeHaw loving relatives using coon dogs .. headlamps were on all foreheads having that spotlight effect all together or a prison camp escape response of light beams every where .. anyway .. through deep woods we had followed the barking and baying of the dogs when they treed a coon .. as we followed the dog's barking we were confronted through the heavy moisture in the air and the large cypress trees with hanging moss with large reflected eyes looking at us about 100 meters in front .. dogs were still baying .. this thing had a space between the eyes of probably 7 or 8 inches and appeared to everyone that it might have been abit taller than any of us.
. We froze .. only to piss out some of the quarts of jax or hamms beers we had the pleasure to meet up with that night but all of us kept our head lights on the the two eyes that would blink every now and again just to make sure .. yaknow .. make sure it didn't come closer I guess .. dogs were on the other side of the eyes and still barking up the coon tree

. . the eyes were watching us when my cousin Daryll shot his one bullet back to the left of where we were standing causing everyone to jump and look to the left .. good ol' Daryll saw a moccasin.. anyway we looked back to the eyes and they were gone ..

dogs were still baying in the distance and we moseyed on abit quieter mind you if you can be quiet when drinking jax or hamms , we got to where the eyes were and looked around and noticed that these eyes had to be 8+ feet high and even though the undergrowth was pushed down a little there was no imprinted foot, hoof, paw markings anywhere ..

We finally got to the treed coon and the exhausted looking dogs and my southpaw 13 yr ol brother put his first shot in the coon's brain that was 45 ft up in the very top of a cypress tree at 1 AM.

That was the last time we ever went there, before that we would camp a few miles away at a boat launch next to Caddo Lake and you had to pitch your tents inside of a 4 ft high hog pen .. the pen was built to keep the wild hogs out not in ..

Caddo lake is one spooky lake .. day or night

caddo.jpg

.. south of Texarkana, .. west of Shreveport La., east of Dallas, in the Red River bottoms next to the spooky arss Caddo Lake .. near midnight in the late 60s we were hunting coons with HeeHaw loving relatives using coon dogs .. headlamps were on all foreheads having that spotlight effect all together or a prison camp escape response of light beams every where .. anyway .. through deep woods we had followed the barking and baying of the dogs when they treed a coon .. as we followed the dog's barking we were confronted through the heavy moisture in the air and the large cypress trees with hanging moss with large reflected eyes looking at us about 100 meters in front .. dogs were still baying .. this thing had a space between the eyes of probably 7 or 8 inches and appeared to everyone that it might have been abit taller than any of us.
. We froze .. only to piss out some of the quarts of jax or hamms beers we had the pleasure to meet up with that night but all of us kept our head lights on the the two eyes that would blink every now and again just to make sure .. yaknow .. make sure it didn't come closer I guess .. dogs were on the other side of the eyes and still barking up the coon tree

. . the eyes were watching us when my cousin Daryll shot his one bullet back to the left of where we were standing causing everyone to jump and look to the left .. good ol' Daryll saw a moccasin.. anyway we looked back to the eyes and they were gone ..

dogs were still baying in the distance and we moseyed on abit quieter mind you if you can be quiet when drinking jax or hamms , we got to where the eyes were and looked around and noticed that these eyes had to be 8+ feet high and even though the undergrowth was pushed down a little there was no imprinted foot, hoof, paw markings anywhere ..

We finally got to the treed coon and the exhausted looking dogs and my southpaw 13 yr ol brother put his first shot in the coon's brain that was 45 ft up in the very top of a cypress tree at 1 AM.

That was the last time we ever went there, before that we would camp a few miles away at a boat launch next to Caddo Lake and you had to pitch your tents inside of a 4 ft high hog pen .. the pen was built to keep the wild hogs out not in ..

Caddo lake is one spooky lake .. day or night

View attachment 310432

I was born in Red River County.

Latest posts

Back