anyone have issues with northern lights not producing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budz4me

Reaction score
anyone have trouble with northern lights? I mean this is the 4th nirvana NL auto I have grown, and they all have been spindly and sick looking.

Ive tried upping nutes and dropping nutes. example.....ill send pics in a minute....but It will be very obvious which is the NL. The other is nirvanas bubblicious auto which I have gotten very good results from.

I think it may just be a bad strain?

Right now NL at 1580 ppm (700 scale) 5.6PH
bubblicious at 1280ppm (700 scale) 5.7 PH

both rez's at 70*F room temp at 71*

10g DWC x 2 setup 400W MH (36k lumen) 2x4 area

Northern Lights is generally a pretty reliable strain. Maybe it is the crossing it with ruderalis that is the problem?

Northern Lights is generally a pretty reliable strain. Maybe it is the crossing it with ruderalis that is the problem?

Could be, could be. Next time i try to grow it I will try a photo period , see if I have better luck.

I still get some bud....but it is usually stringy and harsh. I will have to try to get some fem NL seeds for my next batch.

To be more accurate, I meant not strain as in NL...but maybe that batch of seeds from nirvana may have had issues? I am sure thats not unheard of....the strain itself I have read many posts and journals here with tons of success...maybe just a bad batch is all.

I just got done with 2 Northern light autos from sensi seeds and got 90g and 40g off them. Both plants were beasts from the start. Perhaps something up with Nirvanas genetics? or perhaps something going wrong with the grow process.

You have those pictures coming soon too?

Latest posts

Back