anyone interested in talking about raw salts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops..im sorry, I missed that you have K-N (potassium nitrate) in your veg formula available to you... let me chek the math and see if that changes anything

ok deman for flower
with the addition of the K-N

I would use

to mix 80 gallons
Ca N 130gr
K-N 30gr
mpk 80gr
Mg-s 130 gr
K-S 15 gr

which will yield

N 80
P 60
K130
Mg 40
S 61
Ca 80

honestly this is a pretty good formula for hydro and the lower Ca and S will bring your feeding EC down requiring less flushing

im not an expert on soil but I suspect the ratios it would work well for soil but potentially a higher EC would be required

So I am on a page that asks if I wanna talk raw salt, and no one wants to talk salt???HMMM??

sorry shaggy... didn't get much interest at first so I went away...im back if youd like to chat a bit about it

Hey bagabones
I have been using a raw salts pretty well exclusively for the last two years. I got the recipe from some local growers that got the recipe (so I'm told) from an old Dutch guy years ago. You are one of the few guys I have seen on forums that does the same.
I have to read more carefully through the earlier posts and compare to what I am doing.
I use five salts and Chelated micronutrien for veg and four salts and the micronutes for bud in varying amounts (depending on veg or bud)
The recipe requires each ingredient to be dissolved in hot water and added to the res separately. I use 80 gal reservoirs and make batches in full or half strength depending on the stage of growth and adjust PPMs by adding more water to get the strength I want
Here is the recipe for full strength veg and bud (in grams)....lemee know what u think
Calcium Nitrate. 180 g
Potassium Sulphate. 20 g
Potassium Nitrate. 100g
Potassium Phospate. 50 g
Magnesium Sulphate. 170g
Micro Nutes. 20 g

Bud
Cal Nite. 464g
Pot Sulf. 144g
No pot nite. 0
Pot Phos. 124
Mag Sulf. 300g
Micro nutes. 15g

for your veg formula its off

personally I wouldnt use these formulas in my set up... EC level that high cause reduced yields and super stretchy plants

for veg I think youd be better off with something like
80 gallons

Ca N 150gr
K-N 70 gr
mpk 50gr
Mg-S 130 gr

no K-S

which would yield
N111
P36
K132
Mg 40
S 53
Ca 95

all of this is assuming your source water isn't high in any particular element

I think you would find these ratios very close to the general hydroponic 3 part except with more Ca and Mg since there formula is light on Ca and Mg

I'd love to talk about salts. I used this stuff a couple times. The first, I added triple the amount that I was supposed to. The results were a disaster. Second time, I used exactly the recommended and the results were absolutely unbelievable. The plants were the healthiest I have ever seen. It's been hiding under my kitchen sink for about 10 years. Peeking this thread sparked the memory and I went and dug it out. Think I'll be using this stuff again!

picture.php

picture.php

BM

I don't know what that stuff is... I cant recommend using it with out a break down of what elements are in it... it could be high is certain types of salts you don't want..for example Na which is like table salt

sea salts are not usually for plant use... the salts I speak of are mined from the earth usually cut out of mountains or whatever... not from the ocean

hello there... sorry I lost my info and was unable to log in as bagabones so I had to make a new account... its been a while since ive looked at this.. it didn't get much traction...

Damen, are you in soil or hydro?

if your in hydro I must assume those measurements are to mix 160 gallons in total???

that flower mix for 80 gallons would be;
240 N
92 P
312 K (much to high)

you did mention a concentrate and so it is possible your cutting the 80 gallons in half which would be closer

assuming your cutting it in half it would yield

120N (high for flower)
46 P (good)
156K (a little high in my opinion)
Ca 146 (very high)
Mg 47 (a little high but in ratio with the K)
S 102 (way to high)

Hey Bagman, I am hydro again.
I have used many mediums in the past (rockwool, hydroton, pro mix etc) but have turned to mixing my own "Pro Mix" like medium so I can control the PH better. I use peat moss, vermiculite, worm castings and enough lime to balance the ph properly. I run a top feed hydro system that drains back into the res and I empty and refill weekly.
I have two main grow rooms offset from each other by a month and each one has an 80'gal res. I mix at 1/2 strength for younger plants and adjust the water added to hit the PPM's I require then go full strength in later stages with the same adjustment with water. ( the total volume in the res may be anywhere from 40 to 80 gals depending on water added to get the ppm I want)

oops..im sorry, I missed that you have K-N (potassium nitrate) in your veg formula available to you... let me chek the math and see if that changes anything

I bought the last bag available to regular people in my area last year. Apparently salt peter is looked at as a dangerous chemical now.

for your veg formula its off

personally I wouldnt use these formulas in my set up... EC level that high cause reduced yields and super stretchy plants

for veg I think youd be better off with something like
80 gallons

Ca N 150gr
K-N 70 gr
mpk 50gr
Mg-S 130 gr

no K-S

which would yield
N111
P36
K132
Mg 40
S 53
Ca 95

all of this is assuming your source water isn't high in any particular element

I think you would find these ratios very close to the general hydroponic 3 part except with more Ca and Mg since there formula is light on Ca and Mg

Big thanks for taking the time to look at this. I'm going to try ur recipe adjustments and see how it works.

Latest posts

Back