Anyone Keep Goats?

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E.I.E.I.O. ?-- With a quack - quack here ( that would be me ) and a quack -quack there !-- No I think U need chickens !--- With a bock-bock here --Sing along !
I hope U love your new place THG !-- I live 1/2 mile from the beach but I miss the swamps of Louisiana !-- Over there I'm out at a Gorilla grow and hear U coming you'll never see me !--- Ain't no trees around here and no place to hide !-- After surviving Katrina we know it can all be gone tomorrow so we enjoy it while we can !-- Anyone see two people --4 dogs --and a fist full of clones headed north from the Gulf-- that will be us !-- I can't do another hurricane!

it is the same everywhere, I live in a suburb, and more and more it gets more populated, it got to a level now, that i regret going out every time that i do because of the crowd of rushing people with anger issues, road rage, i have a baby in my car and they come around my tail flashing lights sometimes hitting the horns because i am in their terms slow, i look at him surpass me to get stuck with the traffic ahead, and here comes another idiot behind me, jeez. I like to live in close suburbs because i like the services to be close, but the city eventually invades and one would have to move farther. whenever I went for a few days to small far away towns, I find it hard to live there forever, it is understandable for someone who lived for long in or close to a city to find it hard for him. I have a network of people, friends and acquaintances whom I like to keep as my friends, and it becomes hard when someone is living very far. This is maybe the hardest part for me, the loneliness, I would be seeing a lot less of the people that i know

thg, you have a nice view there. congrats on your move. maybe you will slow down from moving in a few months. so much to do to make it the way you want things to be !!
zem, yous speak so much truth. i hate when i have to go to atlanta for my job. i live in a small town, no traffic signals. and i still cant wait to move back to the woods.

Leaving my friends behind is the hardest part of this moving thing. However, there are more than a few who are also looking to move. Two of my closest friends have their homes up for sale now and will be moving to different parts of Oregon. And the little town has changed and is not really the same place that it used to be--there are those that want to make it some hotsy-totsy place like Sun Valley and we are not that.

Keef, don't blame you with the hurricanes--I feel the way about those and tornadoes--don't want to live anywhere either of them might be happening. I am a long ways from the gulf, but if you got west and north far enough, you would have a place to rest your head here. And when you already have 5 dogs, what are 4 more?

High, a kitchen remodel almost always pays for itself--it is one of the best home improvements you can make and brings the highest return. That and bathroom remodels--which is next on the agenda. Bless you for being such a good husband and putting your wife's wishes before your own. I don't think I could move to the city for anyone....even George Clooney....

Rosebud, not sure I am farmer material--that is a lot of work. I know you know that. However, I can see the progression....you start with a couple of goats. And since you are feeding and watering goats and as you have nesting boxes, you throw a few chickens into the mix. Then someone has bunnies that need a home....

Raining here today. It is kind of cold and miserable, so absolutely an inside day. Hope everyone has a great day!

Yep, i bet that is how it starts. How many plants can you have? I have a Blue Dream and a SSH for you. I might have a buckeye purple that is looking maybe girl? are you interested? The clones are in one gallon pots. We will need to get together someday soon.

Yes yes yes, I would like them. I am hoping that we can get together soon--maybe next week. The cabinets will be all set today and the countertops should be done by Friday. I will do all the plumbing (duh), the backsplash tile and the flooring, but the plumbing is the only thing that needs to be done now. I have heard so many good things about Blue Dream and I really want to try a Haze, so thank you. And I am looking forward to seeing you and Mr. RB...and Kali and Howard, of course. Your yard is a wonder and I look to you for inspiration and ideas for my own.

I was in the military for 8 years and everytime I settled down somewhere I'd have to pack up and move somewhere else !-- Life continued like that since 1973 !-- Left them Piney Woods of east Texas and never came back but for visits !--- Longest I've ever been in one place is 10 years !--- Not long after D.D. and I married we returned home from a trip to Dallas to find our house burned to the ground !-- So we moved to the swamp half way between New Orleans and Baton Rouge and started over !-- Anyway fact is home is where U at !---- Hope all works out !-- I have a sink to replace !-- I was gonna just get rid of the garbage disposal --Now it's a whole sink !--- I hate plumbing --I hate carpentry --I hate electrical ( Crown Royal and electricity do not mix )-- and I hate yard work! -- U get the picture !

it is the same everywhere, I live in a suburb, and more and more it gets more populated, it got to a level now, that i regret going out every time that i do because of the crowd of rushing people with anger issues, road rage, i have a baby in my car and they come around my tail flashing lights sometimes hitting the horns because i am in their terms slow, i look at him surpass me to get stuck with the traffic ahead, and here comes another idiot behind me, jeez. I like to live in close suburbs because i like the services to be close, but the city eventually invades and one would have to move farther. whenever I went for a few days to small far away towns, I find it hard to live there forever, it is understandable for someone who lived for long in or close to a city to find it hard for him. I have a network of people, friends and acquaintances whom I like to keep as my friends, and it becomes hard when someone is living very far. This is maybe the hardest part for me, the loneliness, I would be seeing a lot less of the people that i know

Amen. I can't figure out why everyone is in such a rush. People just need to learn how to enjoy slowing down and taking it easy. The world would be such a better place.

International Institute of Not Doing Much

Amen. I can't figure out why everyone is in such a rush. People just need to learn how to enjoy slowing down and taking it easy. The world would be such a better place.

International Institute of Not Doing Much

Everyone is stuck with duties jobs and stuff that is over their heads, and they are rushing to get to their jobs on time when everyone else is, so there becomes traffic and more time and more stress, and then a check in machine will discount a penalty from their already low wages for every minute that they are late. That "life" that most people get themselves stuck into, is very stressing, and it could cause road rage to turn into violence and murder

Hey THG,,,Weedhopper miss THG,,,,Yehaaaaaaaaa

Part of how much hubbub and rush rush goes on depends on where you live. Small towns just seem to move at a slower pace. I have never lived anywhere that the population was over 150,000 and that seemed too much as too many people are trying to get somewhere too fast. I do much better in a country setting. I like neighbors...just not too many of them. Rosebud, I agree that retirement is wonderful. I am just as busy--maybe busier--but I am doing things I want to do, not things I have to do.

It is hard to leave friends, but I did it when I moved the last time in 1998. And I made tons of new friends and still kept some of old ones. If one is lonely they only have themselves to blame. There are new friendship opportunities literally everywhere!

Keef, that is what I did yesterday--sink plumbing. I'm sorry that I am not there to help you with your sink plumbing. I rather enjoy work that is above floor and not wet and muddy. And I hate electrical, too. There is a reason I became a plumber and not an electrician--if I make a mistake, I just get wet.

WH, you and the missus are just going to have to come visit one day! It is nice to. have enough room that I can have guests without having to ask them to bring sleeping bags.

I have been smoking something with a bit too much indica in it that a friend gave me. Not up to working with power tools, but I think I am just high enough that painting the small bedroom is a doable task. After all, how much trouble can you get into with water base paint....

Paint a little have a toke and admire your work for a minute then maybe paint some more !---- I grew up in the country where we built it or fixed it !--I traveled and lived in different states --- I like to visit the city sometimes but my heart needs some space !-- We used to go to New Orleans and stay in the Royal Senesta with a balcony over Bourbon street !-- That way we could go out on the balcony get high and people watch !-- Watching the drunks , hustlers and dealers and tourist interact --It amuses me !---Since my head injury I don't do so well in things like concert crowds anymore !---
I myself have smoked something a little heavy on the indica so I go do a little pharming then come take another toke or 2 !--- I got no problem with it !---

THG --I'm getting rid of the stupid disposal !---I don't want to hurt my neck so I'm doing it in stages !-- Anyway I had a question !--- When I drop that disposal there is gonna be a big ole hole in the sink and I got a regular sink drain pipe and it ain't gonna hook up to the sink when I remove the disposal !--- I'm gonna replace the sink later but I'd like to use that side of the sink too !---What I do ? --They got an adapter? --

Much mojo in your new place THG!

Your place looks wonderful THG.

Keef, you will have to change the thing that the disposer connected to--that metal flange thing. There is no adapter, but most of the disposer mounting is easy to remove. Was it an InSinkErator disposer? I can probably tell you how to remove the old flange and put a new basket strainer and continuous waste in, if ytou would like. The thing that looks like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQYBSU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 will have to be removed. It is easy and I can tell you how. Then you will need tt something like this in https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K187VPS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. And then use piping like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K187VPS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. or like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OMMGY0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 under the sink. And you will need a P-trap. Whether you use the first one or the second depends on whether the drain pipe for the sink comes out of the wall on the side or whether in comes ou. in the middle. If the drain pipe comes out of the floor, you will need something else.

High, thanks. I am liking it here. I know I have said this before, but it is so nice to be able to smoke legally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks THG !-- It's a insinkerator thing !-- The basket strainer !-- Is what I need !-- I got the rest under control ! If I can hook the drain pipe to the bottom of the sink then I'm good !---- Old plumber told me once --- U need to know 3 things about plumbing !--- Sheet runs down hill --- The boss is a S-O-B and payday is on Friday !--- Never been that simple to me !--- Don't mind the water pipe but I hate working with the waste side !--

Actually, the waste lines under the sink should be a lot easierto work with than the water lines. And if something is not quite right, you usually only have a little bit of water instead of a whole bunch with a water line that is pressurized. Using PVC continuous waste and p-traps makes it quite easy. Can. you (did you) get the old disposer mounting flange off? Do you have a dishwasher? If so, you will need a piece like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZH8GQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. to connect the dishwasher drain to

Keef, I am going to be doing sink plumbing today, too. We should have our kitchen mostly put back together by the end of the day! We have been without a kitchen over a month. All that is left for my cabinet people to do is install and laminate the countertops and some electrical. We are waiting on a couple of light fixtures still. As soon as the laminate is down, I can install the sink and dishwasher. I got a new RO for the kitchen and the old one will go downstairs for me to use for gardening. We are in farm country and there are nitrates and arsenic in the water. I still need to run gas line for the stove, but I think I can get that done in a couple of hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back