Anyone switched to Grove Bag curing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I'm going to try these on my next harvest. I have a lot of banana terpenes that I really want to preserve. Jars are good. Jars are well ok. I'm seeing less and less quality of canning /mason jars lately. I had a whole package that I bought at Wally world that wouldn't seal. Every jar had defects on the rim that stopped it from sealing. I only noticed this after a small batch was over dried while in the jars. I lost smell and taste on those 12 or so oz of pretty good bud. So I'm trying these things. If anyone has experience or curiosity about it let me know.TerpLoc 1 Pound Window Pouch - 10 Pack | Grove Bags

Could you get some silicon carbide sand paper and glue it to a flat surface to grind off the imperfections on the mason jar rims?

I'm going to try these on my next harvest. I have a lot of banana terpenes that I really want to preserve. Jars are good. Jars are well ok. I'm seeing less and less quality of canning /mason jars lately. I had a whole package that I bought at Wally world that wouldn't seal. Every jar had defects on the rim that stopped it from sealing. I only noticed this after a small batch was over dried while in the jars. I lost smell and taste on those 12 or so oz of pretty good bud. So I'm trying these things. If anyone has experience or curiosity about it let me know.TerpLoc 1 Pound Window Pouch - 10 Pack | Grove Bags
Must have been a bad batch of jars. I use jars all the time for cannabis and canning fruit and veggies stuff and have never run into a defect like that. I think @boo uses those cure bags tho. I use jars and have never had a problem with my herb drying out in them

1674227789858.png

Interesting. My jars have never failed. I do clean the lids with alcohol from time to time. The lids get gooey and won't seal properly after awhile.
Yeah I used to re use jars but buy new lids every time

Must have been a bad batch of jars. I use jars all the time for cannabis and canning fruit and veggies stuff and have never run into a defect like that. I think @boo uses those cure bags tho. I use jars and have never had a problem with my herb drying out in them
Yeah bad batch for sure

tried them this grow awesome results

I have a dozen jars stil with contents but the last 10 plants reside the the Grovebags, I love 'em...no issues with filling or emptying them out...wide mouth jars are difficult if you're curing large flowers...grove for the win...

Spending my morning cleaning jar lids. Thanks @Lesso for reminding me this needs attention. The lids still pop when opened but they definitely need cleaning. I hate to admit how long I have had some of these hard. I will take your advise and get new lids.

Spending my morning cleaning jar lids. Thanks @Lesso for reminding me this needs attention. The lids still pop when opened but they definitely need cleaning. I hate to admit how long I have had some of these hard. I will take your advise and get new lids.
You do know that your jars are so old the rubber gaskets are most likely all past their lifespan
You can get new ones also the gaskets are cheap or was that someone else.
1674235770562.png

Latest posts

Back