Anyone top their plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone tops their plants or notl? Just a curious question is all

no not everyone tops them.. the only reason you would top them is to get more top cola growth for like sog. or if you wanna lst the top colas to get spread out growth.. hope this helps i know that more experienced ppl will chime in and give better advice good luck

Looks like a spammer has entered the fray...hey durg, lose the live links in your signature.

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

I always top, FIM, lst, supercrop my plants to get them more bushy as I grow fewer and bigger plants rather than many smaller plants. I honestly don't know if one is better than the other, just the way that works for me. :)

I like to top my plants, so that they grow bushier rather than taller.

I am indeed a topper....almost all of my plants I grow from seed get topped. With clones it depends on their growth pattern. I hate tall been poles in my flower tent.

two are starting to flower they both got buds popping up everywhere.

I have noticed that when i do not top my plants they just stretch and stretch and then fight for light to where i gotta move my light and plants around. This grow i am doing scrog to keep them short and together.

I do a lot off topping and tieing down. And yes KP419 it keeps a more even canopy and you can keep them from stretching unevenly, which inturn allowes you to keep your light closer to the plants.

I FIM -- it is amazing what that simple little trick does to a plant. No stress, it's easy and produces much more bud than topping. All the branches from about the third node up just stretch into the canope and think they are the main cola of the plant. It's like a SCROG without the screen. I do it when they get about 6 nodes on them in vedge -- try it yourself...

Peace

I top like 3 different times before flowering I veg for about 2months this makes for nice round bushes

Strain dependent for me. My Sativa dominant ladies like to get topped.

I don't understand the whole FIM thing, Well I kinda do. Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like after you Fim?

Latest posts

Back