Anyone use a GPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatpharmer

Growin A Lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi guy's I've been growing in the same plot for almost 10 years, until last fall when all my girls got stolen! So this year I need a new plan, I have a fairly small river/creek by my house that I take my dogs too so they can run, so I figured that I would just keep walking up the river until I find a few good spots and plant away! The only thing I'm afraid of is forgetting where I planted them, so I figured that I would buy a GPS and just map the plants on the GPS!

The only thing is that I've never used a GPS and don't no if I can map spots just anywhere in the wilderness or are they just made for Driving directions? So if your using a GPS let me no what kind it is and your exprience using it for growin outside! And if your not using one but no about them that will also help alot! Thanks again

Phatpharmer:hubba:

Garmin makes a line of GPS for exactly what you are describing. The good ones will give you longitude and latitude and have a topographical map, but even the cheap ones will let you set a destination and then tell you how to get back there. I think the line was called e-trex or something like that.

I got the garmin it works really well..they make one for backpackers that is waterproof and shockproof...I think I paid $140 for mine but they make cheaper ones..check out cabellas outfitters they have quite a few of them.

I've used quite a few GPS units and for the price I would go with a Garmin as well

I use google maps on my mobile. Helpfully and free but probably not as accurate as you need. I think its accurate to 500m.

-Trippy

The good thing about a GPS is that, you can find your plants no matter witch dirrection you come from. less beaten in trails the less likelyhood of being found by someone.

...also a wonderfull piece of evidence to be used against you, if ever it fell into the wrong hands...:comfused2:

I have so many waypoint in my GPS it would take a year or so find them all.

:p

X%20Marks%20The%20Spot.jpg

Latest posts

Back