Anyone using an Uninteruptable Power Supply UPS Backup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
Here come the thunderstorms again. I will lose power at lease 2 or 3 times in the next few hours. It's usually only out for a second or 2. And ,then it comes back on.

Kind of tough on the grow room.

So, it's time to buy a UPS.

Not sure what I need so I am open to any input.

1000w light and 3 fans and some other goodies.

Do you buy the UPS by wattage? I looked at 2000w units and they are very affordable.

I don't need much. Just something to get me through those quick surges and the quick offs and ons that I get.

Thanks in advance.

hah... i lose power every day for 2-3minutes like 3x per day. this has never affected the grow. I would say just save your money for something useful.
However I have tried UPS and APS, it is better to get a higher rating than what you are really consuming and maintain the batteries. if it were for a controller or processor that runs a grow op, it makes perfect sense, but to deal with a few seconds' power outage, there's nothing really to deal with there

I am not really concerned about the few minutes time the plants are using but rather the wear and tear on the fans and lights. Sudden, momentary outages are real tough on electronic devices, as well as bulbs and fan motors.

Not a big deal. I have bought one yet so it's down on my list but it is kind of a problem, especially during the Spring months.

when you switch off a fan or a bulb, this is a sudden power outage. from my experience, there is nothing to worry about, good luck

save your money and shut down for 2-3 hours if storms are threatening and you are concerned, i use a ups i took from work and i can tell you i wouldnt pay for one if it wasnt free.

Latest posts

Back