Anyone using comfrey as plant food?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
been doing a lot of reading lately about organic growing...not just weed but general gardening. So I’d like to try making my own fertilizer using comfrey leaves...well it doesn’t seem to occur naturaly in my local so, I have ordered som roots and will try growing some. I don’t have a lot of space but I do have one bed that could use a occupant. It’s the top side of a short block wall next to my driveway...it gets decent sun and some late afternoon shade so why not.
Anybody have any helpful insight to using comfrey in the garden?

I grow comfrey, but I use it as an ingredient in a salve that I make. I believe that it is a good source of N when used as a fertilizer. but I have not used it in that manner.

Our trial plant did very well in the garden this year, started from seed. It'll be time to bring it in soon and i want to save a large portion to use along with the ammendments that go into my tea.

It might be difficult to determine the benefit when its a minor element but ive used the same tea recipe many times and know what to expect. If its as skookum as i believe, it might be very apparent?

And if it kills something, ill tell you about it.

If you want to use it in your soil, add it to your compost pile.
For spiking, let dry, then crumble it and add to other ingredients of the spike.
For using as a liquid add to AEM and let sit for 10 days or more.
Or feed it to your worms.

Latest posts

Back