Anyone want to talk about quiting smokeing cigareets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That system of waiting 5 minutes works really well (at least it did for me when I quit).

In my opinion most people don"t give cigarets up because they enjoy them and since most people hear the risks of smoking but don't fell or see them while smoking it's difficult for them to just drop them . this I believe from my 18 or so years of smoking them . I dropped them one morning out of the blue went out for a jog I lasted about 5 years with out one then one day at a local tavern a few brews and there was that familur little stick in between my lips and me just puffinf away thinking its just one . well one turned into anouther year of tobacco then i left them again still have not gone back to them its been five years since that . all I can say is you will drop them when you no longer want , like , crave , them most people including myself don't stop till it hurts our health hell if i know why but it happens .

U have to decide not to b a slave to something that is taking ur $$ and life!! AND CANNABIS IS SO MUCH BETTER SMOKE MORE POT!!!

Yes great comments man this thread is really working if it helps just one person that is what counts cause everyone no's deep down that smoking cigs is a flithty habit and yes smoke the pot i agree 1000%.

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE I GOT EVERYONE TO QUIT< NOT> I9 FINALLY FOND OUT WHERE THIS THREAD WAS SO I'M SORRY I WAS NOT HERE TO BE THE CHEERLEADER I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT ME AND MY ELECTRONIC CIGS IT SEEMS THEY ARE STARTING TO MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH MY DOCTOR SAYS HES ALL FOR IT BUT I BEEN HAVEING SECOND THOUGHTS LATELY MY CRAVINGS SEEM TO BE NOT AS STRONG AS THEY USE TO BE THAT IS A GOOD THING.I'M THINKING ABOUT JUST GOING COLD TURKEY SOMETHING IN MY BODY FEELS FUNNY LIKE WHEN I LIGHT UP A REGULAR CIG I FEEL SICK TO MY STOMACH,SO I GUESS ITS TIME WHERES EVERYONE AT I'M SURPRIZED TO NOT HEAR FROM SOMEONE SHAREING THERE STORY OR AT LEAST LETTING US NO HOW THEY FEEL THAT IS THE POINT WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MOTIVATE YOU ALL GIVE YOU FREE WEED YES I WILL BRIBE YOU LOL,SO COME ON BACK WE CAN DO ALOT OF GOOD FOR NOT ONLY US BUT OUR LOVED ONES WHERE YOU AT RUBY WHERE RUBY GOES PEWOPLE FOLLOW COME OM NOW IM SERIOUS I WANT TO STOP SMOKING AND I WANT YOU TO TO QUIT I NO ITS HARD YOU DONT HAVE TO TELL ME THAT ASW A MATTER OF FACT I GOT TO CALL MY COACH THIS EVENING TO REINFORCH MY DESIRER TO QUIT,IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED CALL 1800QUITNOW THEY ARE A NON PROFIT ANTI SMOKING CESATION PROGRAM THEY SEND YOU OUT FREE NICOTINE PATCHES YES I SAIDE FREE FREE FREE AND YOU MAKE APPOINTMENTS TO CALL YOUR COACH WHO WILL GIVE YOU SUGESTIONS ON HOW TO QUIT ONCE AND FOR ALL THEY ARE GREAT TYOU CAN CAll any time you get the urge did i say its free YES FREE 1 8 0 0 Q U I T N O W 888 PS COME ON YOU WANT TO BE DEAD WITHOUT YOUR POT NOW THAT WOULD BE TERALBLE BY NOW

Still no comments well i dont no what to do i cant talk to myself altho i do sometimes lol 888 good luck to everyone i wish you well 8

my latest update i have decided to quit cold turkey no pain no gain so i will have to deal wirth the withdralls for a couple of weeks i think i have achived that goal and you all it seems you have given me a blacksheep i notiched this lately im sorry if i offened anyone if i did i did not do it to hurt anyone i'm here to help and i thought this was a good topic,so if i peed anyone off i'm sorry 88888888

8planets8 , everything is fine, I hope you succeed going cold turkey.

hey 8planets8, if you hold down the ctrl key and press the + key it should enlarge the text on the web page you are on. That is if you are using a pc. Not sure for mac.

shift key & += key for mac :)

wow fantastic thread. started when I was 15 and now I am 55 so 40 years, with 1 brief no smoking stint of about a year, and with all this conversation got me to thinking about that time. I remember I had bought my first house and was always kinda winded, tho not like now, and telling the DR. how great I felt and how energetic I felt. hell I was water sking! LOLOL. yup. time to quit. I got grandkids that haven't been born yet I wanna meet.

I am quitting today. It's my puppy dog's 1st birthday so I'll remember the day.

I smoked from about age 12 until I was about 40. Quit for 10 years. Smoked for 2 years. Then, quit for 7 or 8 years and now I have been smoking for almost a year.

I cough, I wheeze, I stink, I am an addict, I smoke 2+ packs a day. I woke up last night and was coughing so bad, I had to get out of bed and stand up to hack up the phlegm.

That's it. I'm done.

Right after this last cigarette. LMAO

The key is to convince your own brain that you DON'T want to smoke anymore. Affter that it will be easier to quit. There are a couple things that help such as keeping something in your hands so that you don't feel "ill-at-ease" from not having something to do with your hands. I found some buffed rocks at a rock store that have smooth indentations buffed into them that you can hold and run your finger across to sooth the need to be doing something with your fingers. They are small enough to ffit in your pocket so that where ever you are, if you have the urge to smoke, you can pull out the stone and rub it for a couple minutes until the urge goes away, then just put it back in your pocket. :)

I have a zero nicotine e-cigatette I can use to ease the "hand to mouth" habit for a couple days. I also have some blank filters so I can put my cannabis glycerin in it, too.

I used my cigarette rolling machine to make a couple cigs out of pot leaves today. Didn't quite satisfy but it was better than nothing.

I have a gig tonight so it's going to be a challenge.

I make my own e-juice with nicotine. I started with 24% nic, am down to 6% nic, eventually down to 0%

I want to say thank you for all your comments they have helped me each and everyone has tuoched my life i got to thinking about what we as a cummunity can do for the good of us all that is what it is all about.for instance would you like to wake up in the hospital one mourning unable to move because of a stroke,guess what our family will have to take care of our stupit asses because we were selfish look at all the hard ship we will put upond the ones we love i dont no about you but i dont want no one washing my butt,we can do this thing with all of you you have inspirered me in more than one way i liston to what each and all you say and take a little bit with me every day and i thank you for that just think about what i am preaching bottom line we must quit smokeing you no it i no it there is no way around that fact,well i get off my high horse and thank everyone again we can do this i no it.8888888

I wanted to say thank you for all your comments,they are true life we can do this i no it all we have to do is share our ways we all choose to quit me myself i have picked threw everyones comments and used a little here and a litle there lets not give up that would be the easy way to let nicotine ruin our lives look at what i had to say do you really want your family to take care of you after we have a stroke or a heart attack???????????? We owe it to our selfs personal responsybilties 88888888

I have a zero nicotine e-cigatette I can use to ease the "hand to mouth" habit for a couple days. I also have some blank filters so I can put my cannabis glycerin in it, too.

I used my cigarette rolling machine to make a couple cigs out of pot leaves today. Didn't quite satisfy but it was better than nothing.

I have a gig tonight so it's going to be a challenge.

Hackman, another thing that helped me--I got a dugout with a cigarette bat. When I got an urge, I would take a hit on the cigarette bat. With me, I don't think it was the nicotine addiction (patches, gum, etc did nothing for me) as much as the smoking habit. I was getting like you--coughing and hacking all the time. I knew I had to give up cigarettes or cannabis....and I made my decision. Hang in there buddy.

I smoked a pack last night at the gig. :(

Having to hang in a bar for 7 hours makes it worse. The environment is right for smoking and the alcohol lowers your resistance. LOL I don't usually drink when I play but my regular Wednesday night gig is more of a jam and I end up letting other drummers sit in and while they are playing...... I am drinking. LOL

I had 2 left this morning. Had both with my coffee already so I am DONE!

I am never without my dugout. I love those. I have 3 or 4 of them. LOL The dugout is my staple when I am out. One in the car. One in my gear bag. Always one in my pocket. LOL Never know when you might need a bump. LOL

I also took a bunch of fan leaves off some plants and I am drying them. I'll use my rolling machine and tubes to make some leaf cigs. LOL

I'll get through this. It's like someone said above... you have to want to quit. And, I do. I get nauseous every time I light one up. My body is talking to me. I hate this habit.

Wish me luck.

P.S. If my posts for the next few days are mean and insulting, we'll all know why. LOL Got that 3 days of the "grumpys" to go through.

Open heart surgery,,,Havent smoked since. The 19th will be a yr ago. Have no desire what so ever.

Latest posts

Back